𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙏𝙒𝙊

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ : WOULD I - MAGGIE LINDEMANN 𖧷.ᶻᶻᶻ 」

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35
↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

FEAR .

"MOM?" He called out in more of a hesitant whisper, could he really handle seeing her in person? Maybe, just maybe, this was another dream of his.

Then he'd be lying to himself, why would something so painful be considered a dream when he was living a nightmare?

She was his biggest nightmare.

He stopped at the first steps of the stairs, listening intently for any sign of life that wasn't his own. Jisoo clicked his tongue, feeling somewhat relieved at the silence throughout the house. Jisoo didn't know where he would even begin once they were face to face.

"I should at least try to clean up a little.." he set his bag down before fidgeting with the picture frames, somehow never feeling satisfied with the way they looked no matter what position they were put in. Another trait inherited from his past.

"Jisoo?"

He froze. Just hearing her say his name left goosebumps down his spine. He never thought he'd hate hearing his name come out of someone's mouth. Let alone having that someone be his own mother.

He slowly turned around, repeatedly clenching and unclenching his fists to try and calm himself down. His efforts proved to be ineffective as soon as they made eye contact.

Yeah, Jisoo realized, I've really screwed up.

His mother raised an eyebrow at his lack of conversation, only humming as she turned around, already knowing he would follow her into the kitchen without a fight.

"Have you.." Jisoo gulped, standing beside the counter quickly, "been well?" he finished, flinching at the sound of a pot banging against the kitchen sink. Ignoring his question his mother looked up from the pot of noodles, leaning on one side of her hip. "You look pale, Jisoo. You should eat more, no one would want someone who looks as unhealthy as you do."

Already? He questioned, rubbing his arm in embarrassment. "S-sorry Mother. I guess studying has been such a hassle lately-"

"So you're doing well in school I suppose?" She interrupted, watching as the water drained down the sink. "Yes, I have straight A's as always."

The moment he heard her "tsk" he knew he messed up. The way she smirked for no reason made him anxious. "Not always Jisoo-ah." She responded, as calm and collected as ever.