𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

TRUST .

"WE don't have to stay here shua." The two were sitting quietly at the dining table, it was a little over two in the morning, and they had been talking about Jisoo's past all night. He looked up from across the table at Seungcheol whose eyes never left the younger. Even if Jisoo was looking away, Seungcheol couldn't bear the thought of looking at something that wasn't him. 

"No, it's okay." Jisoo yawned, lack of sleep getting to him. "They close the dorms after eleven for some god awful excuse that seems to change every week. I should've let you go hours ago..we can stay here for the night." 

"Are you sure?" Seungcheol asked, watching Jisoo get up out of his chair, mimicking his actions. "Mhm." Jisoo had grabbed the latter's hand without realizing it, already accustomed to it after months of "dating", it was the first time Seungcheol looked away to look at their hands, his face heating up in the process.

"Shua?" 

"Hmm?" the younger hummed, leading them up the stairs to a room he assumed to be the guest room.

"Thank you for trusting me."

Jisoo stopped walking up the stairs, turning around to look at seungcheol for a brief moment. He never replied, just stared at the male, his eyes always looking so far away whenever Seungcheol looked at him. He didn't know if that was worse than him being there in person. It seemed like wherever Jisoo went he was always reminded of pain one way or another.

Seungcheol could feel Jisoo squeeze his hand lightly, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips, but it never slipped out fully, "Thank you for being someone I can trust."

The two stared at each other longingly, lost in their own little world without worries. Just Seungcheol and Jisoo getting by with the mere thought of the other being by their side, forever each other's own comfort. neither could imagine what they would've done had something changed, and for now they would just have to live in that moment of peace while it lasted.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

JISOO could hear her voice so clearly, almost as if she were real. He could hear them arguing, glass shattering, and broken sobs.

He hears the door shut as his mother weeps on the kitchen floor; blood everywhere as glass continued to seep through her skin and cut wounds into her feet.

It was the last time Jisoo ever saw or heard her cry, the last time he had seen a glimpse of his father.

It was the last time they would ever truly be considered a family.

He remembers starving, and he remembers the dark. Fear coursed through him as she stared at him expressionless, another report card in her hand before she dropped it to backhand him across the face.

It was the first time Jisoo ever needed to grip something that wasn't his hair, the first time she hit him. His cheek stung and covering it was making the pain worse, surely it would be enough to leave a bruise. "I don't know why I thought having you was a good idea."

"You always dissapointed me Jisoo."

"After everything I've done for you? For us. You still can't give me the one thing I ask for? You still cannot obey!" She took off her heel pressing it into his skin making him cry out in pain. "Why couldn't you be like your father? At least he saved me the trouble and left. But now I'm stuck here taking care of you."

Jisoo wept silently, watching as she walked away and slammed her bedroon door shut, allowing him the time to breathe as he squeezed his eyes shut.

When will he escape this nightmare?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

HE woke up sobbing uncontrollably, sitting up as he scratched at his chest, finding it difficult to breathe. Just why did she have to haunt him in his nightmares too? Didn't they stop?

Seungcheol opened his eyes slowly, hearing noise come from the top of the latter's bed. Rather than staying in a guest room they both agreed it would be best if they stayed in the same room to make things more comfortable. He rubbed his eyes, speaking with a yawn, "Shua?"

"Shua what's wrong?" He repeated, feeling more awake he decided to get up using the edge of the latter's bed. Jisoo couldn't stop crying, his eyes were shut closed as he continuously took deep breaths to try and control his breathing but all he saw was his mother.

"Shua?" Jisoo felt Seungcheol lay in bed beside him, hesitantly wrapping his arms around the younger to pull him into his chest. He felt Seungcheol's fingers in his hair as he whispered words to get him to calm down, "shh, Soo. Dont panic love, you're okay now, I swear."

Jisoo opened his eyes, hugging the male tighter just to make sure it was real. "You're real?" His voice croaked, sniffling as he looked up from his chest. "I'm real Jisoo. I'm right here see?" He took hold of Jisoo's hand, interlocking their fingers before bringing it up to his cheek, "i'm real. Do you want to tell me what happened? You don't have to if you're not comfortable, we can just lay here."

The younger's breath hitched, his vision still blurry because of the tears. "It was like I was back there." He whispered, feeling so small. "I relived it all over again and I-I couldn't breathe. I couldn't get out, she was just, everywhere." His head hung low with his shoulders slump, feeling Seungcheol rub his thumb over his hand.

"She's in my dreams again and it's all because I came back to this damn house." Jisoo sniffled, leaning back onto Seungcheol's chest. "I got you Soo, I'm not letting go. She won't hurt you as long as I'm here, okay?" Jisoo smiled softly, "that's very boyfriend of you, you know." Seungcheol chuckled, wrapping his arm around the male, "well we are dating in a sense."

"I'm serious Soo, I won't let her hurt you anymore okay? I won't let anyone hurt you. Alright?" Jisoo stayed silent for a moment before humming in acknowledgement. He stared off into the distance as they laid in his bed, finding it easier to fall asleep, right after his thoughts spoke volumes.

Don't make promises you won't be able to keep Cheol.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

avoiding the stares i get after waiting a whole ass month to update 🚶🏻‍♀️ guys im trying my hardest my phone is such an adjustment rn

also, one more chap before the real fun begins :) <3

i keep hinting towards the main conflict in these past recent chaps, so there's just a little smth you can think about :D