𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

REGRET .

"I think it's time for me to go." Jisoo stood up, grabbing his things silently as they stopped their conversation. It was at this moment that Seungcheol finally moved his attention away from Jeonghan since the moment he had been there, and made eye contact with Jisoo. "Soo? Where you going?" Jisoo stopped his movements, looking at a small crack within the green table they were seated at. Seungcheol could tell he was contemplating about something, he was always easily able to read Jisoo. Something others were never capable of doing. He saw the way Jisoo began to blink rapidly, his eyebrows furrowing as he thought. Seungcheol casted his gaze downwards towards Jisoos bag, his left hand had been clenching and unclenching onto the strap, he even noticed the way Jisoos frown quickly turned into an uplifting smile. "I just remembered my Mothers visiting today." The younger began to laugh quietly, "I guess I was too preoccupied with hanging out that I forgot, silly me."

I don't want to leave.

Although his smile was bright, his eyes remained sad, something that would easily fool everyone around him, but Seungcheol was far more perceptive than that. "I came here with you-here let me get my things and then we can-" Jisoo held his hand out to stop him, shaking his head. "It's alright Seungcheol. Thank you for today. I should-I should go. You have fun with your friends, okay? It was nice meeting you, and seeing you again Vernon-ah." He bowed at the two males, who said goodbye in return.

As they watched him walk away Jisoo could only feel regret. Regret for leaving so quickly. Regret for always running. Regret for thinking someone like Seungcheol actually wanted to be with him.

And on the other end of their painfully oblivious string, was Seungcheol regretting not leaving with the male. Regretting he had even ignored him in the first place.

That's the thing about love, it makes you do stupid things. Keeping you unaware of what's right in front of you.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"ITS been awhile Cheollie. How have you been?" Jeonghan shoved his hands into his pocket, shivering from the outdoor air as the two strolled along the street. "I've been well Hannie. I missed you." Seungcheol mumbled the last three words quietly, still afraid of the meaning behind them. Jeonghan had changed, he knew that. Seungcheol had begun to change as well, but that progress meant nothing when a part of him crawled back to the one who his heart always belonged to. Jeonghan only smiled and nodded, "me too."

"Was that a new friend?" Seungcheol looked up confused, "hm? Hansol? You know him already-" The redhead only rolled his eyes in return shaking his head, "no silly. The cute guy at the arcade! Is he single?" He giggled at Seungcheol's reaction, who only got defensive in return. "Jisoo? What-no-yes! No! He's-he's single I guess." He cleared his throat, looking everywhere but at the male next time. Jeonghan nodded slowly, his tongue poking his inner cheek, "ahuh. Whatever you say, Cheol."

"You know there's gonna be a New Years party at Junhui's. You should come! You can bring Jisoo too, I'm sure he'd love to. I want you both there." Jeonghan smiled eagerly, looking up the details on his phone. "There I sent it to you. It's good to see you hanging out with someone new Cheol." Seungcheol looked up frowning, "I always hangout with new people, what do you mean? Just the other day I was talking to Hyunwoo."

Jeonghan sighed, "I know, what I meant was hanging out with someone outside of school. It's usually me, Jihoon, or Hansol on occasions. You just-I don't know you seem happier than before. Like you're not miserable for once. I'm not stupid Cheol, I know you've been having issues. I don't know what it is, but I'm glad you have Jisoo who seems to be helping you come out of this hole you've dug yourself in." Seungcheols gaze remained on his shoes, occasionally looking up to see where he was going but other than that he remained silent and listened to each word intently. I looked miserable? That hurts. He goes over Jeonghan's words once more, I'm glad you have Jisoo. He smiled to himself, the picture of Jisoo's warm smile across the street taking over his thoughts.