Joey Jordinson: Paul Gray

So this is gonna be a sad chapter. I'm unsure of how Joey found out and his reaction and all so sorry if this isn't accurate. Can't really get my self to look for a video on it because I know I will cry and I'm in class writing this. Which I know this chapter will make me cry writing, so I'll probably do it at home. But I don't really feel like crying so please go along with it. Rest In Peace Paul Gray 🕊️ him and Joey are rocking out together again. 🤘🏻

Set in 2010. May 24,2010. You were a former member of Slipknot.

I sit down on the couch, with my youngest daughter Mia (9 months old) on my lap. I clench onto the phone that's against my ear.

"No.." I whisper. "No.. not Paul." I whisper tears streaming down my face instantly.

"I know." Mick sighs.

"God now I gotta tell Joey." I shut my eyes thinking about how he's gonna react to losing his best friend.

"I know. God this is horrible. Brenna wants to get him buried as quick as possible."

"Oh my gosh his baby too. Oh my good." I wipe my face with my hand.

"Well I'll let you go." I say to Mick. We say love you which isn't typical between Mick and I. But given the circumstances we said it.

I look down at my sleeping daughter. I'll have to call Brenna, I couldn't imagine losing someone so special to me.

I put Mia in her room and go ask my other daughters, 8,6, and 4 if they'll stay in their room while I talk to their dad. I pet our cat Milo as I'm leaving the room. I walk into our bedroom and see Joey laying down messing around on his phone.

I sigh while shutting the door.

"Joey.." He looks up at me smiling, but that quickly drops into a frown once he sees my smeared makeup.

"What's wrong baby?" He stands up and walks over to me. I take his hands and walk him back over to our bed.  "Y/n.."

I close my eyes for a second taking in a deep breath. Trying to think of what I should say.

"Did someone die? What happened y/n?"

"Joey.. Mick called me just a-a few minutes ago."

I look him in the eyes, the look of worry washes over his face.

"Um." I chock on my cry and squeeze his hands. "Mick called, and said that Paul passed away this morning." My heart shatters even more seeing his reaction and feeling his energy.

His lips part and he just sits there holding my hands. His eyes start watering up and tears stream down his face.

"Oh baby." I whisper and pull him into a hug. He wraps his arms around my torso and b his face into my neck. He lets out a sob, I wrap my arms tightly around him.

I cry quietly while pulling pieces of his hair away from his face so they aren't sticking to my neck or his face. I kiss the top of his head and leave my face there not moving. I rub his bare back, trying to somewhat comfort him. He just lost his best friend, this is absolutely gonna fuck him up.

After about ten minutes he pulls his face away from my neck, but still leaving his arms around me. He looks me in the eyes. His cheeks are tear stained, his eyes are red and puffy.

"Please don't die before me. I can't do this again." (A/n I CANT 😭)

My lip quivers and I rub his shoulders with my hands. "I'm so sorry." I move my hands up to his face and wipe his tears away. He quickly grabs my hands with his and makes mine stay on his face. He closes his eyes and holds my hands on his face.

He keeps his eyes closed and takes a deep breath in. "How did it happened?" He doesn't look at me.

"It was a drug over dose." I say quietly.

His face scrunches up. "God damn it Paul." He says under his breath. "Does..Does Brenna know when she wants to do the funeral?" He doesn't look at me.

"She wants it done as soon as possible."

He nods. "We gotta tell the girls."

I nod even tho his eyes are closed so he can't see me. He lets go of my hands and embraces me in a hug again. This one wasn't as long as the other hug was. I rub his back and kiss his shoulder.

"Good god." He mumbles again my skin. "Why Paul man? He was such a good fucking guy."

"I know."

He pulls away from me and stands up. "I'll go talk to the girls."

"Are you sure Joey? I can do it."

He shakes his head. "I wanna do it. You had to tell me. I'll go tell them."

I sit there quietly not wanting to argue with him on it. He walks out of the room after taking a drink of water to go tell our girls that Uncle Paul passed away this morning.

Slipknot remembered Paul at their next concert, but a year later Joey held a tribute for Joey. I helped with it by playing guitar. Also with setting it up.

This was so hard to write man and I was in class so I was choking back tears the whole time

This was so hard to write man and I was in class so I was choking back tears the whole time. I'm sorry :(

This picture is really doing it for me man.