Joey Jordinson: Prom

Set in 1992, ages 17.

I walk up the steps, pushing my book bag to my hip and get up to Joeys front door. I knock on the door.

The door unlocks and opens.

"Hey come in. I'm almost ready." Joey invites me inside and we go into his room. I say hi to his sisters and his mom.

Joey and I have been friends since freshman year, so we're super close. My parents also know his and they trust us enough to let us do sleepovers with each other which is nice.

I sit down on his bed crossing my leg, watching him put his books in his back pack.

"Do you have gum?" He asks.

"Um maybe. Just brush your teeth you nasty!"

He shakes his head. "No, now give me gum." He sticks his hand out.

I shake my head. "No that's gross Joey!"

He jumps up at me, breathing with his mouth wide open.

"Ew! Ew! Get off me! Back! Back I said!" I hit him with the pillow, over and over again, "YOUR DISGUSTING!" I yell.

"Gonna give me that gum?"

"Absolutely foul Joey. Gross." I blabber on taking out a piece of gum and throwing it at him.

"Thank youu!" He takes the gum out of the wrapper.

I shake my head at him, looking at him in disgust.

"What?" He laughs.

"Gross."

He rolls his eyes. "Oh get over it fucking sissy! Your the one who fought me on it, got what you deserved."

I flip him off with both my fingers. He flips me off back.

(Time skip too lunch)

"What the fuck even is this?" I drop my tray infront of Joey, making him jump.

"It's some chilly shit with corn bread."

"Ew." I sit down, tossing my bag under the table. Joey closes up his notebook and shoves it in his bag.

"Come up with any songs yet?" I take a grape and eat it since that's the only edible thing.

"Yeah, it's almost done."

"Can I read it?"

He shakes his head. "Not till I'm done."

I roll my eyes and eat another grape.

"Um y/n."

"Yeah Joey?" I look up at him and seeing him sliding over a box of nuggets.

"If you don't like me that way then that's okay y/n we can just go as friends, like we planned but-

"If you don't like me that way then that's okay y/n we can just go as friends, like we planned but-."
.

"Yes Joe, I'll go with you to homecoming." I smile at him and he picks up a chicken nugget feeding me one.