Joey

Set in 2002

I get out of my car, shutting the door lightly. Swinging my purse around my shoulder, I lock the door behind me. I walk up to the Walgreens doors and go inside.

I walk towards the back of the store, grabbing my self a Pepsi and Joey a Dr.Pepper. I shove one hand into my hoodie pocket and walk towards the medicine. I grab a bottle of Tylenol, since we're almost out. I also get horrid migraines so I really can't run out of this.
Then I make my way over to the end of the medicine isle, where all the test are.

I'm about two weeks late for my period, so just to be safe I'm gonna grab a few pregnancy tests. I grabbed a few snacks because I just got off of work so I'm starving.

I set down my things onto the counter.

"You find everything alright?" She asks.

I smile and nod. "Yeah I did."

"Oo we're you planning?" She picks up the three pregnancy test.

I shake my head. "No actually, kinda just happened."

"Oh! Well I hope you get the results your hoping for." She smiles at me and bags the things.

"Yeah me too."

"We'll your total is 22.50."

I hand her 23 dollars, and she hands me my change. I take the bag from her aswell.

"Good luck!" She calls out as I walk away.

"Thank you! Have a good night!" I wave at her and walk back to my car.

I'm a kindergarten teacher. Joey has tried numerous times to convince me that I don't need a job bc he's famous. (Really, he just wants me to go on tour with him) but this is my second year teaching and I love my students. So I refuse too quit. I'd love to spend more time with him especially since the band is really taking off. But I can't just rely on him. I need to be able to go out and do my own thing. I go on tour with him or visit him on breaks.

I sit in my car and take out the apple earrings I have on.

It's funny cuz Joey and I look like complete opposites most days. On weekdays I dress like a kindergarten teacher. But on the weekends I dress more like Joey.

I drive to our home. Which isn't too far away from the store. I get out taking my coffee cup and bag with me. I unlock the door and set down my stuff.

"Hey babe." Joey smiles at me from the couch.

"Hey." I walk over to him and peck him. He grabs me and pulls me down onto his lap, wrapping his arms around me. He kisses my cheek, multiple times making me smile.

"How was you day?" He leans his head on mine.

"Good! We had a party today since it's the last Friday of the month."

"Oh that's fun. Bet it was crazy though."

I shake my head. "No, my kids are really behaved. They listen super good."

He rest his hands on my stomach reminding me.

"I'll be right back. I gotta go to the bathroom and put my pajamas on."

"Okay." He kisses me again and let's me go. I grab the Walgreens bag and start walking up the stairs.

I go into our bedroom and grab a pair of flannel pajama pants and a tank top. I go into the bathroom and undress my self. I put my pajamas on and take the test. I put them under the sink and hid them in the back, then I go downstairs.

"What do you want for dinner?"

He shrugs. "Anything you make." He picks the cat up off of the ground.

I nod and stand in the kitchen looking through the cabinets. I settled on some Alfredo with chicken and asparagus.

"Hey will you come stir the sauce while I go to the bathroom?" He comes walking in and takes the spoon from me.

"Again?" He chuckles, I furrow my eye brows at him.

"Yes again." I quickly turn around and go upstairs. I lock the bathroom door, knowing Joey he'll barge in. I pull the test out from under the sink and set them down on the counter without looking. I take a deep breath and look down.

 I take a deep breath and look down

A big smile forms on my face. I had mixed emotions on it, but now that I'm starting at the positive test.. I'm actually really excited. I know Joeys been wanting kids, so I think he'll be excited. I throw on a hoodie and shove them in my pocket. I go back downstairs and see Joey serving up our plates.

"You took forever."

"Sorry." I stand behind him and wrap my arms around his waist, kissing his back.

"Love you." He says while putting a fork on my food.

"I love you too." I shove one hand in my pocket and pull out the test setting them down infront of him, and then wrapping my arms around him again.

"What's thi-." He goes quiet after looking down.

"Your gonna be a dad." He turns around very fast and indulges me into a hug kissing me a bunch of time.

"Are you joking? You better not be! I will leave you so fast if you are."

I laugh. "No Joey! I'm not, we're gonna have a baby!"

"Oh my god.. I'm so excited! I'm gonna be a dad!"

"Your gonna be a dad!" I repeat. He picks me up, so I wrap my legs around his waist. He places a long kiss on my lips.

"God I love you. I didn't even want kids till I met you y/n."

I smile at him and peck him. "I love you too Joey."

"How are we gonna announce this? Oh I have to call the guys and tell them! What do you think? Is it a girl and a boy. Don't moms usually get a feeling on what their baby is? Or is it too soon. I hope it's a girl! But I'll be okay with a boy!" Joey rambles on, making me giggle.

"I'm not sure yet honestly.. and let's now tell anyone till I go to the doctors for a test okay?"

"Okay! Can you  call them now?"

"No! It's way too late."

"You better call first thing tomorrow morning." He furrows his eye brows at me.

"I will! I will! Don't worry."

"Good." He sets me down after kissing me again.

"This smells really good." He says and takes our plates over to the table.

He'll be a good dad. I think to my self.