JJ

I sigh, tugging at the covers. I peel the corner down to the middle of my bed and climb in pulling the blanket up to my chin.

Tears form in my eyes, and I let them fall. Something I had refused to do since it happened.

I broke up with my boyfriend, Joey. Told him I needed some time to my self, and that I had a lot of personal issues going on.

Truth is I cheated on him.. and I didn't have the heart to tell him, but I couldn't keep it a secret any longer. I love that man, but with him being gone for so long I needed to feel someone's touch.

Joey was planning on proposing to me. How do I know this? I found a ring in his nightstand drawer, it was so beautiful. A hand written note from him to me was under it. Talking about how much he loved me, how happy he was to have me in his life and that he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with me.

I found that two days ago, and that's what made me decide on breaking up with him. I think me telling him I cheated would've crushed him more so I just decided to end it all. I don't wanna hurt him, but I should've thought about that before I fucked someone else.
___________________________________
The first month was so hard. I couldn't stop crying. Seeing him on TV all the time or in a magazine didn't help. I barley got up out of bed, and I ended up losing my job.

Four months into it I lost my house, so I had to move in with my mother. I became addicted to coke, and barley left the house. My heart ached when I saw him with a new girl, but I won't play victim I did this to my self.

About six months into it, I finally got a job at the dental place down the road. I saw someone for a couple weeks, but it was nothing more than sex.

That brings us to now. A full year without Joey. He's still on my mind 24/7. I heard him and his girlfriend broke up. Made me kinda happy if I'm being honest.
I know that's selfish of me.
__________________________________
"Here, call the next patient back." The dentist hands me the clipboard to call the next person back.

I look down at it and open the door, "Joey." I call out.

"Yeah." I see a short guy with a hat stand up, his back is to me so I can't see his face. I step back so he can walk through, I give him a smile which soon drops when he looks up at me.

"Y/n." He whispers.

__________________________________
Ahhh I'm back!!!! Idk for how long, but part two will be up shortly after this is published!