Joey Jordinson

Please request 💕
Since I can't find pictures of him, just picture him as the one up there in 97.

Set in 1997.

Joeys Pov.

I put my car in park and lay my forehead down onto the steering wheel. Sighing I look up at the apartments infront of me.

I've been so focused on my band, that I blew all my money so I got kicked out of my apartment. I don't have anywhere else to go. So my last resort was my ex girlfriend y/n. We ended things on a bad note, we dated for about two years; but we were able to start talking again and be friends. Well we aren't friends but we get along kinda.

I get out of my car and walk up to the door. I hesitantly knock on the door. I wait for a few minutes. I hear the locks click and the door opens.

She's standing there with a cigarette in her mouth, a long t-shirt and pajama pants. The smell of what ever she's making hits my face.

"Um..hi?" She looks at me funny.

"Hey uh can I come in?"

She looks behind her and throws her arm up.

"I guess." She drops her arm to her sides and moves out of the way. I walk in and she shuts the door behind me.

I kick my shoes off and follow her into the kitchen.

"What do you need?" She looks in the oven.

"Well.." I scratch my head and explain to her all that happened. She stands there and stares at me thinking about it.

She opens her mouth but then closes it again and crosses her arms.

"I guess you can but only for a few days Joey."

"Yeah no that's okay! Thank you." I get up to hug her but then a guy comes walking out. Is that Twiggy Ramirez? The bass player for Marilyn Manson. Hm guess she has a type.

"Hey babe." He walks over to her and kisses her. Jealously rages through me.

"How'd you sleep?" She smiles at him.

"Pretty good..um who's this?" He points at me.

"Oh that's my e- my friend Joey. He needs a place to stay for a few days."

"Hey I'm Jerodie." He extends his arm to shake my hand. I wanna snap his wrist for getting with her, but obviously I don't.

 I wanna snap his wrist for getting with her, but obviously I don't

"Hey man." I shake his hand.

"I've gotta go babe." He turns his attention back to her.

"Noo! Dinners almost ready."

"I know I was excited. But I gotta go help my sister." She sighs and nods then leaves with him.

I sit there clutching my fist. I know she's allowed to date other guys. We broke up. But it's making me so upset. I really thought I was over her but I guess I'm not. The oven beeps, and since she's outside I pull the lasagna and garlic bread out of the oven.

She comes back in a few minutes later and *very awkwardly* serves us up some food.

"You want something to drink?" She asks.

"What do you have?"

"Um I've got Coke, vodka, water, beer, Dr.Pepper."

"I'll just take a beer." She nods and grabs it out of the fridge for me.

"Thank you." She grabs her self a coke.

"Where you gonna go?" She asks taking a bite of her food.

"I don't know honestly." I sigh.

She takes another bite of her food.

"I guess you can stay here a week instead of two days."

"Oh no it's okay-."

"Your staying for a week."

I nod. "Okay thanks."

"So it's been awhile." She starts. "What have you been up too?"

"Well. My band is coming pretty far along. We won a battle of the bands, and blew all the money on equipment and band shit."

"What are you guys called?" She rest her chin in her palm.

"Slipknot. Yeah, our singer just left because of religious beliefs. He didn't realize what the band was gonna go too."

She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "With a band named Slipknot that makes rock music.. and wears creepy ass mask? I'd expect some shit that goes completely against Christianity and all that shit."

"Yeah right! But no hard feelings. We just asked the lead singer of uh Stonesour if he wants to be the singer for us."

"Didn't you guys win against them?" She laughs.. how did she know all about that.

"Yeah we did actually." I smile at her.

She blushes softly but quickly turns around and starts cleaning up the kitchen. I get up and start helping her. We finish and go sit down on the couch. She got me a new beer and herself another coke.

"Your not drinking?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "I stopped about six months Those are Twiggys. I had to go to the hospital because of it."

"Oh shit what happened?" I furrow my eyebrows.

She shrugs. "Alcohol poisoning.." She shrugs again, "It's not that big of a deal really. I'm okay."

"It's not a big deal? You almost died y/n!"

She just looks at her lap and shrugs. "But I didn't."

"Seriously y/n, still! Are you in treatment?"

She nods. "I go to meeting every other day. I was Rehabilitated for a few months after."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" I set my beer down.

She looks up at me. "Why would I? It's been nearly a year since we talked."

She picks at the black nail polish on her fingers.

"I still care about you y/n.." I mumble.

She looks up at me quickly. We sit there staring at eachother before I scoot a little bit closer to her. She stays in place, keeping her hands in her lap. I put my hand on her jaw and lean in to kiss her. She closes her eyes, but then quickly jumps up.

"Um I." I sit there slightly embarrassed. "I can't." She crosses her arms.

I don't say anything, I just look up at her.

"I'll go get your blankets." She quickly walks away into the back of her apartment. I sigh and throw my hand back.

______
This is part one 🥰

~Melanie 🧌