Two

The last night of Bucky's visit has arrived, and you're standing outside the fancy restaurant glaring at Garrett. "What do you mean you're leaving?"

"Exactly what I said," Garrett shot back, rolling his eyes. "What does it matter anyway?"

"Because it's the last night of your dad's visit and he said he wanted to take us out?" You couldn't believe that Garrett was pulling this kind of shit right now.

"So what?"

"He's taken time out of his schedule to visit with us and you've spent most of it either playing video games or out with your friends. It's been kinda rude. The least you could do is sit through a dinner he's gonna pay for."

"Jesus Christ, why do you care so much about my dad?"

You didn't know what to say to that, not without upsetting him further. You really liked Garrett's dad. And while you understood you didn't have years of experience around him or anything, your gut instinct about him was positive. He was interesting and what's more, he seemed to care about getting to know you. Which was a pleasant surprise for you. It was nice to have someone who seemed as interested in what you were doing with your life and what you liked.

Garrett waited for several minutes for you to answer and when you didn't, he snorted and said, "That's what I thought. Do whatever you want. I'm going to hang out with Trent."

You watch him walk away, frustrated and annoyed. Of course, Garrett would pull something like this to ruin the night. He could be so pig-headed sometimes. Someone called your name, and you turned to find Bucky walking up to you.

Unbeknownst to you, he'd seen the whole argument you and Garrett had before his son left, and he was more than a little gleeful at just how opportune that was. He'd been trying to find the perfect moment to make his move and hoped it would be tonight.

Looking you over, Bucky can't help but approve of your whole ensemble. You'd chosen to wear a short black dress that accentuated every single one of your sexy assets. Sultry makeup, your hair pinned up and a pop of color in the siren red heels you were wearing were a picture. Giving you a warm smile, he let out a low whistle and said, "Wow, you look absolutely gorgeous, doll,"

"Thank you, Mr. Barnes." His compliment both made you blush and had something clenching in your gut that you weren't exactly sure about.

He lifts a brow. "I thought I asked you to call me Bucky."

With a nod and a short chuckle, you said, "You did, I'm sorry. I appreciate you doing this tonight—Bucky."

Humming softly at the way you said his name, Bucky smirks before he wets his bottom lip with his tongue. Your eyes dropped to watch the move, before you brush a loose strand of hair behind your ear and cleared your throat to give him the bad news. "Um so, uh, something came up and Garrett isn't going to make it. I'm sorry. I'm sure you were looking forward to tonight."

Bucky waved that away. "Don't worry about it doll, Garrett's always had a mind of his own. And that's no reason it must put a damper on the evening."

"It's not?"

Taking advantage of the moment, Bucky rests his hand on your lower back to escort you into the restaurant. "Course not, after all this was more to thank you specifically for your hospitality this weekend."

"Oh." You blushed again, and Bucky's finding he loves when you do.

The maître d' led the way to a small intimate booth in a back corner of the restaurant, a booth Bucky had requested specifically when making his reservation. Ordering a drink for himself, Bucky turned his attention to you to find that you're staring at the extensive wine list with a wrinkle between your brows and your bottom lip caught between your teeth.