Seventeen

You knock lightly on the frosted glass to Bucky's office in the club with your emotions all over the place. When you hear him call out, you push into it, seeing him sitting at his desk. There's a drink near his elbow and he's flipping through some kind of file as you approach. You stop just within the door.

"Where's Steve?" Bucky asks without looking up.

"Said he had some things he had to take care of," you answer faintly.

Closing the file, Bucky finally looks up at you, his eyes crinkling at the corners with his smile. Seeing it, guilt becomes your overwhelming emotion, and you chew on your bottom lip.

"Cute bird, I take it you won that at the arcade?" Bucky asks.

"Steve kissed me," you blurt out.

Humming a little, Bucky leans back in his chair to study you for a moment before he stands up and comes around to lean on the front of the desk. Lifting his eyebrow, and picking up his drink to sip at it, he asks, "Did he?"

Your eyes drop to the floor, suddenly unable to bear meeting his eyes. Studying you carefully for a moment, Bucky takes another sip of his brandy. After a moment, he says, "Come here, malishka."

It feels like you are floating across the last few feet to him, still avoiding looking at him as you come to a stop in front of him. Then he tips your chin up with one finger, giving you no choice but to look at him.

"Why are you upset?" Bucky asks quietly. "Did you not want him to kiss you?"

He watches as your eyes glimmer with tears, and you shake your head a little. It feels like your shame is constricting your lungs, making it so that it feels like glass is stabbing you with every breath.

"Then why?"

"Because I kissed him back," you whisper, so quietly he needed to rely on reading your lips to make sure he caught it all.

Bucky watches your eyes slide away from him again and his head tilts. "I take it you are concerned that I would be angry?"

"Aren't you?" you ask.

"Baby girl, Steve's literally watched us fuck many times now. A few days ago, I gave him the remote to that little toy I drove you absolutely insane with and he got you off with it," Bucky watches the blush creep over your face, and doesn't miss you squeezing your thighs together. "And I know for a fact you like it."

"I–" your mouth opens, the automatic denial perching on your tongue. Bucky reaches up to press a finger against your lips to stop you.

"You like it, baby girl." Your eyes fasten to his, feeding off his words as he continues. "You like it when he watches, and you liked it when he made you come. Don't you?"

You open your mouth to answer, but before you do, he says, "Be honest with yourself."

After several long minutes, your tongue darts out to wet your lips and you nod. You can't seem to bring yourself to say the words, and Bucky understands that. So, he asks, "And you liked when he kissed you, right?"

"Yes," you whisper.

Finger hooking into your belt loop, Bucky tugs you against him where he leans on the desk. Your hands land on his chest for balance, looking up at him through your lashes. Brushing his thumb over you bottom lip, he asks, "And I bet you'd like if he did more than watch, wouldn't you?"

Be honest. It is easier to breathe now, but your heart is tripping in your chest, fluttering in tandem to the butterflies that took up residence in your stomach the moment that Steve kissed you. Bucky is waiting for your answer, and your mind bounces around for a moment before you seem able to give it to him.