Thirty-one

The morning that Tony Stark requested you to come to Stark Tower, you were sitting in the front with him chewing on your bottom lip and twisting your fingers together. They seemed to be tingling, that horrible pins and needle feeling as if they were falling asleep, and your stomach kept alternating between a deep empty pit or filled with a bag of frogs doing the conga.

A large hand covers yours, squeezing gently to stop the jerky twisting. You look over at Steve, a question on your face. Once your hands are still, he pats them and says, "Relax gorgeous. There's nothing to be afraid of here."

"Sure there is," you croak.

"Okay, talk me through what you're worried about."

"I don't want to."

Steve glances at you, the corner of his mouth twitching a little as he asks, "Do I need to use my daddy voice on you princess?"

Heat floods your cheeks, your mouth going dry and your thighs rubbing together a little at the very thought. It surprised you to learn over the course of the past few days that Steve was extremely dominant, at least sexually speaking. How he managed to keep that under wraps this whole time was something that you didn't think you'd ever figure out.

"Well?" Steve presses, a commanding edge creeping in. It makes you squeeze your thighs tighter together.

Your tongue darts out to wet your lips and you finally say, "Well, there's the fact that he's practically famous. And then there's the whole why of it all. Why me? Why does he think I want a job? What kind of job is it even? What if it's because he wants to hurt me? Or Bucky. Or even you. What if it's some kind of weird trap?"

The words tumble out of you, voice stumbling and getting higher as anxiety gets the better of you. Steve pulls into the underground garage of the Tower and parks in one of the visitor spots. You don't register it, babbling now in a way he's not even paying attention to your words as he unhooks his and your seat belts.

You let out a sharp yelp when he hauls you right into his lap. The steering wheel digs into your back and ass as he pinches the nape of your neck in his hand and drags your mouth to his. For several seconds, while the anxiety is still swirling in your head, you hold yourself stiffly against him.

But then his tongue teases your lips open and dips in, sliding over yours, a low hum vibrating in the back of his throat. By increments, warmth radiates out from where your mouths connect. It swims through your veins, pushing aside the anxiety that wants to choke you, seeping into your very bones until the only thing in your mind is hazy lust.

When your arm wraps around his shoulders and he hears the low sound in the back of your throat, he pulls back slowly. Kissing the corner of your mouth, your jaw, your cheek before the hand on the back of your neck releases and smooths down your spine.

"Better?" he asks.

"What was that?" you ask, breath mingling with his as you rest your forehead against his.

"Well, you were creeping toward hysterics and I figured this was better than a slap ya know."

You hum. "Are you saying you would have slapped me?"

"Nah," his nose brushed against yours. "But I might have spanked you."

It makes you giggle, just as he intends, but his hand squeezes your ass a little as he makes a mental note to actually try it with you sometime soon. Your willing submissiveness was quickly becoming addicting to him.

Steve opens the drivers door, letting you get out before he follows you through the parking garage to the elevator banks. As the two of you step into the car, a soft, musical female voice informs you that you've already been cleared to go right up to Stark's office.