Thirty

The next morning, Bucky found you sitting at the kitchen table, scowling at your phone. Your head comes up when you hear him, and he's surprised to see the suspicious look on your face.

"What did you do?" you demand.

"Pardon?"

You hold your phone up. "Why do I have an email here from Tony Stark requesting I come in for an interview?"

Surprise flickers through him as he comes over to you. "Really? Are you sure?"

You don't bother answering, considering it a stupid question. Instead, you pass him your phone for him to read himself while you cross your arms over your chest and wait for an explanation.

"Hmm. Well, it definitely seems to have come from him," Bucky says as he gives you your phone back.

"Thanks Captain Obvious. That's what I said," your nearly snarling at this point and Bucky's eyebrows climb up his forehead.

"Why are you so upset?"

"Because I want to know what you did!"

Realizing he wouldn't be able to leave until you were placated, Bucky sits down.  Very aware of your temper and how it can spurt unexpectedly by now, Bucky speaks the next words carefully, "I don't have anything to do with this, malishka."

"Then why the hell is he doing it?"

His hands spread. "Honestly? I don't have the foggiest. I would guess, considering the content, that he's interested in you for a position at his company."

"But why? It's not like I've applied for a job, I technically haven't even been looking for something at this point. So how the hell did he get my email in the first place?"

"Well," Bucky's fingers tap against the tabletop, his own curiosity over what the man was doing peaked now. "I imagine he probably pulled it from somewhere online. He could probably do something like that in about 30 seconds while dead asleep."

"But—"

He holds a hand up to stop you. "Why don't you ask him?"

"What? Like email him back?"

"Or, you could show up at the time he's expecting you and ask him in person," Bucky suggests.

You don't say anything, picking up your phone and staring at the email for a long time before you finally ask, "Do you really think I should?"

"That's up to you baby," Bucky says, rubbing a hand over your arm. "If you don't want to, you can just send him a message saying no thanks."

"Would rejecting him fuck things up for you?" you ask.

Deciding the worst of it is past, Bucky stands and shakes his head. "Absolutely not. Regardless of what you decide with this, it won't affect my work."

You hum thoughtfully, once more reading the email as you consider. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to at meet up with him I guess."

"Sounds good to me," Bucky says, eyes sliding over to Steve as he comes into the kitchen to take you to work. Leaning down, he kisses you deeply before leaving to meet with his accountant.

~*~*~*~

"Hey, Stevie," you say as you stand to take the dishes to the sink. He had stuck around after bringing you home once he heard that you were making his favorite meal, and pie.

"What's up, sugar?" he responds, lifting the beer he was finishing to his lips.

Turning to face him, leaning back against the counter you say, "Don't you think, since we're dating and all, that we should be having sex."