Six

In the bathroom, intending to take a shower, your eyes land on a pretty basket sitting in the center of the counter that you had missed last night. Curious, you poke through it, finding it full of the same brand of toiletries that you use at home.

Smiling, you pick up the body wash to sniff at it, instantly comforted by the familiar scent. Considering this was Bucky's house, he had to be the one to put these things in here. It was a sweet and thoughtful gesture.

You end up taking much longer in the shower than originally planned, enjoying the familiar and favorite scents. Once done, you took a longer than usual amount of time to get ready. Drying and styling your hair, putting on a minimum amount of make-up, and taking extra care to dress in the pretty gold dress you'd brought to wear today. You love this dress; it accented all your best assets.

By the time you make your way downstairs, it surprised you to find the place filled with people. Making your way to the kitchen, you find Bucky, Steve and a man you didn't know standing around and in the middle of what seems to be a pretty intense conversation.

"I'm telling you, we should consider it. It would help cement the allegiance you know?" Sam was saying.

"Be that as it may, you know as well as I that he is absolutely useless and even if he agreed, which is doubtful, for all I know his lack of work ethic would end up souring the deal completely," Bucky replies, turning and catching sight of you. You look absolutely stunning in his eyes. "Did you enjoy the shower?"

Steve's dimples flash at you. "Well, don't you look absolutely ravishing."

His compliment makes you blush, and Bucky rolls his eyes. "Steve, will you leave the poor girl alone?"

"Spoilsport," Steve mutters under his breath, taking a long pull from the bottle he's holding.

Bucky nods towards the other man in the kitchen. "Doll, this is Sam Wilson."

"Hello," you offer him a small smile. Sam's grin is wide, eyes bright as he studies you before saying, "So, you're the girlfriend?"

"Excuse me?"

"Garrett's."

"Oh. Yeah," you answer. At that moment, the man in question practically swaggers into the room.

"There you are," Garrett moves across to you, eying your outfit. "That's what you're wearing?"

"What's wrong with it?" you ask, looking down and brushing your fingers along the skirt.

Garrett shrugs moving past you to the fridge to grab a beer. "Nothing I guess. I just think that black one of yours is more flattering."

Bucky watched you frown down at your dress, your forehead wrinkling. It was infuriating for him to see his son treat someone as special as you so poorly. He could feel his jaw ticking from barely restrained anger while Garrett ushers you out of the room and to the media room where he and his friends were.

"You know, it can't be said you're an angel or anything Buck, but how the hell did your son turn out to be such an asshole?" Sam asks.

Sighing, Bucky shook his head. "I'm pretty sure that has more to do with Rosa than anything else."

~*~*~*~

While most of the other guests in the cabin end up in the media room to watch the game, you wander down a hallway and end up in a sunroom. The octagon shaped room was bright and airy with numerous green leafy plants along with several different types of herbs, it was quite the beautiful spot.

Walking over to one of the windows, you brace your hands on the sill and look out over a rolling stretch of yard that travels for several dozen feet before ending in the dense forest. This place really was amazing. You tried to imagine what it would be like to have the kind of money to have a place like this, what it might have possibly been like to grow up with family money.