Nine

"What do you think? You wanna get some lunch or do more shopping first?" Mary asks when you both pause just beyond the Coach store.

"I could eat," you start to say, turning when you hear someone calling out your name.

"Steve?"

He strolls up to you, looking casually attractive in black slacks, a blue dress shirt that matches his eyes, and a leather jacket. He surprises you when he leans down to kiss your cheek in greeting when he stops in front of you.

"Hey gorgeous." He glances down at the various bags you are carrying. "Shopping spree?"

"Just picking up some things."

"Fun things I hope?"

There's a glint in his eyes when he says it, and you know exactly what he's implying by the comment. Laughing lightly, you shake your head and smile at him before you catch sight of Mary practically vibrating on the spot next to you. Barely restraining rolling your eyes, you gesture at her.

"Steve, this is Mary Powers. Mary, this is Steve Rogers."

"Pleasure to meet you," Mary's voice is a little breathy as she extends her hand to him. Steve shakes her hand politely. Then his eyes return to your face, warming immediately. The two of you chat for several more minutes, mostly about the completion of your degree and next steps.

"Well, I'll let you go, but hopefully I'll see you soon," Steve finally says, giving a polite nod towards Mary before walking away.

The moment he's out of ear shot, Mary whirls towards me. "Okay, you need to tell me everything. Right now."

"About what?" you ask with a laugh.

She links an arm through yours and starts directing you to walk. "Steve of course."

"Oh, well, he's close with Garrett's father."

Mary hums. "Mmhmm, and?"

"And what?"

Mary pulls you to a stop and spins towards you. "Oh, c'mon. Don't give me that coy act. There's something more and you can't pretend otherwise. I was right there."

"What are you talking about?"

"Girl, that man was looking at you like he wanted to eat you alive."

"He did not!" you protest, loud enough that a gaggle of older women walking by give you dirty looks.

"Please, I'm not blind. So give me all the details over lunch," Mary insists, pulling you along by the arm to the nearest restaurant.

~*~*~*~

"So, I hear that Steve ran into you today," Bucky says, arm wrapping around you to pull you back against his chest while the two of you survey the movements of the crowds in the nightclub. It was after midnight, which meant that the nightclub was at capacity.

The club is still in its infancy, but every time you'd been here since the grand opening, the place was always packed. You weren't exactly an expert, but if you were asked, you'd say that this club was likely to become THE nightclub to party at. It gave you an odd sense of pride.

"He did, my friend is convinced I'm sleeping with him."

"And are you?" Bucky is already laughing when you stiffen, your back going ramrod straight head turning to look at him.

"I would never!" you protest vehemently.

"Relax, malishka." Bucky smiles, giving you a quick peck. "I'm only teasing. You're not that kind of person, I know you wouldn't step out on me."

The Sharpest Lies [Bucky x ReaderxSteve]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें