Twenty-six

"Good morning!" you chirp from where you're standing at the stove, cooking.

Steve smiles a little at you, a little surprised to see you up so early. He'd left you and Bucky sleeping an hour ago to take advantage of Bucky's home gym since he wasn't at his place.

"Morning gorgeous, why aren't you sleeping?"

"Why aren't you?" you ask.

"I was working out. What's your excuse?"

Your laugh tinkles out, warming him. You pour batter into the waiting pan "Woke up a little lonely honestly."

"Oh is that so?"

"Mhm," you hum. "I woke up and both you and Bucky were gone."

"Wait, Bucky wasn't in bed either?"

"He's in his office doing big boss things," you say, flipping the pancakes over before looking over your shoulder at him again. "You want breakfast?"

"Sure, but I'm gonna shower first, I'm not decent enough to sit at a table right now."

Steve leaves the kitchen and you return to the task at hand, making enough to feed the two men and yourself. You're setting plates on the table when Bucky walks in, sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

"You stole my thunder," he says, wrapping his arms around your waist and pressing a kiss to your hair.

"How so?"

"I was gonna make you breakfast and bring it to you in bed."

"Awe," you say, the words giving you those warm fuzzy feelings. "You're always trying to spoil me."

Bucky sits down and pulls you into his lap. "Of course, I told you I would."

You link your arms around his neck and beam at him. "And if you're anything you're a man of your word."

"Exactly," Bucky says, kissing you lightly before letting you climb off his lap so you can take the chair next to him. "I am glad you're up though, we should talk."

You pause with a bite of food halfway to your mouth, you know it's silly but the words 'we should talk' gives you anxiety. "What about?"

"Last night," Bucky says, eyes holding yours and reading the anxiety there easily. "I just want to make sure you're doing okay. That you don't regret anything that happened."

"Oh," you say, letting out a slow breath. Your initial reaction is to just say yes, but you also know that Bucky is asking because he wants an actual answer and not the knee jerk one. So, to give yourself some time to turn it over, you eat a few bites of food. Bucky waits patiently.

Swallowing the bite you had been chewing, you take a sip of coffee and finally say, "Yes, I'm doing okay."

"And–" Bucky prompts.

"And," you say slowly, running your finger along the rim of your cup. "I enjoyed it. A lot actually."

Reaching over, Bucky picks up your hand so he can press a kiss to your palm. "Glad to hear it, because baby, it was hot."

Steve enters then, catching the last part of Bucky's comment. Sitting down at the last spot, he asks, "What's hot?"

Smirking some, and without his eyes leaving yours, Bucky says, "Watching the two of you fuck."

As he suspects it will do, the words make you blush. The pretty color dusting your cheeks in the way he loves to see. Kissing your fingers again, he drops your hand and finally looks away. "I just wanted to make sure she was still good with it all."

The Sharpest Lies [Bucky x ReaderxSteve]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें