How can I help?

Sorry, this took a while. I had a lot going on. Anyways, the next one shot after this one will be from Sensei's point of view! Have a good day, or night, depending on when you're reading this, and get ready for Glacier shipping!

Zane P.o.v

I stood in the kitchen, staring at the oven. I heard someone come into the kitchen. The footsteps were heavy. Probably Cole. The door opened and closed again, but I couldn't hear any footsteps. It must be Lloyd. He's super good at sneaking up on people. He doesn't realize it though.
"What are you looking at?" I don't respond. "Zane?" I smile. I have my back to them, so they can't see it. Cole sighs and leaves. I sit down on the floor. Suddenly, Lloyd's face pops into my vision. I jump.
"Lloyd! You scared me. My hearing must be failing me." He laughs. Plopping down next to me, he asks "What are you looking at?" The oven beeps. I stand and motion for Lloyd to move. He does. I pull the cake out of the oven. He smiles.
"Don't tell Cole. It's for his birthday tomorrow." Lloyd nods. I put the cake on the counter to cool. Kai runs through the kitchen.
"HE'S COMING!" Kai shouted. Lloyd opened an empty cupboard and helped me hide the cake. Cole came back to the kitchen. Kai followed close behind. Cole came right up to me, his nose was two inches from mine.

"What are you hiding from me?" My eyes widen. His tone was calm and collected, but still accusatory.

"N-nothing." Lloyd and Kai seem surprised by my stuttering. I don't think I've ever stuttered in front of them.

"I believe you. But only you." Cole whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. A blush lightly dusts my face. Cole pulls away. He smirks at me when he sees my face. "See ya later." Cole turns and exits the room. Kai hurries after him. I sigh and grab the cake again.

"Will you help me frost this?" Lloyd looks at me. Lloyd's eyes always show his emotion, and he hates it, but right now he looks nervous.

"I would, but I'm worthless when it comes to doing anything in the kitchen. I was never taught how." I walk over to him.

"I can teach you, if you'd like, of course." Lloyd nods. "Wonderful. Now, let's get to work." Lloyd helps me frost the cake. I teach him basic things as we go. I can tell Lloyd really likes this. Maybe I'll ask him to help me make supper tonight. We finish up and hide the cake in the cupboard again.

"Thanks for helping me." Lloyd smiles.

"Any time." We hear Kai calling for Lloyd. Lloyd wanders off, probably to piss them off. He has that glint in his eyes that he gets when he's about to piss some people off. He really likes pissing us off. I wander outside and watch the sun sink lower in the sky. I sit down on the railing. Sensei doesn't like when we do, in case we fall. But the Bounty is parked, and he disappeared last week, saying he had to do something. He seemed upset. I lean back on the support pillar. The door opens and closes. Cole walks over to me.

"Mind if I sit here? Lloyd managed to piss everyone off. He beat his own record." I smiled. That did sound like Lloyd.

"You may sit here if you'd like." He sits down next to me. He's sitting close enough for me to feel his body heat. We sit in silence for a bit.

"What were you doing? Sitting out here alone, I mean." I shift.

"I was watching the sunset."

"Oh." We watch the sun start to set. Partway through, he slides closer. I don't think he meant to though. The sun finally sets, and the chirping birds give way to the crickets. The last of the sun's rays disappear, one ray of light lingering on Cole's face. The light fades, and the dim glow of fireflies takes over. Cole starts to fidget, and I quietly scan him. He's growing increasingly nervous. I'm about to ask him what's wrong when he starts talking.