What is love?

I don't know where I got this inspiration, but I love it. Lloyd is a kid and very curious.

Lloyd's P.o.v.

I snuggle up against Kai. He and Cole have been cuddling all day, and Kai made me cuddle with him when Cole used the bathroom. He hasn't let me go since. I watch Cole kiss Kai's cheek yet again. 

"I love you, Kai."

"Love you too, Cole."

They resume cuddling as if nothing happened. I'm confused. Why are they doing that? Do they love each other? Is that allowed? Kai notices my expression. 

"You good bud? You look like you're trying to solve world hunger."

"Yeah..." I say. Cole smiles at me. Kai turns back to the movie. We sit in silence for a bit before I turn to them.

"Kai? Cole? Can I ask you something?"

"Of course!" Cole says instantly. Kai smiles at me again.

"What is love?"

"Huh?" Kai asks.

"What is love?" I repeat.

"Can you elaborate?" Cole asks.

"I was told that men can only love girls. They said that if a man loved a man, they weren't human." I tell them. "But you two love each other, and no one has a problem."

"Who told you that?" Kai asks. Cole holds Kai a little tighter.

"The teachers at Darkley's," I say. Kai mutters something under his breath and Cole rubs his arms soothingly.

"Bud, what they told you was stupid. Men can love men. That's called being gay." Cole tells me gently.

"Oh,"

Kai pulls me onto his lap and hugs me tightly. Cole ruffles my hair.

"Is that all?" Kai mutters into my ear.

"Um, yeah. Are there more people like you? Can girls be gay?" I ask.

"Well, not exactly." Cole starts. "There are more people like us. We're part of the LGBTQ+ community. The word gay only applies to men who love men, but it used to mean happy."

"What does LGBTQ+ stand for?"

"Lesbian, gay, bi, or bisexual, trans, or transgender, and queer. Some people say the 'q' stands for questioning, but they mean the same thing." Cole tells me.

"What do those things mean?" I ask again.

"Lesbian is when a girl loves a girl," Kai jumps in. "Gay is when a man loves a man. Bi, or bisexual, is when a guy or girl loves both men and women. Trans, or transgender, is when some switches from one gender to another. Queer, or questioning, is when someone is questioning their gender or sexuality. The plus stands for the rest of the stuff, such as pan, or pansexual is loving someone regardless of gender or sexuality. There's also non-binary, where they don't identify as male or female. That's why people use pronouns."

I blink a bit. Kai watches me as Cole ruffles his hair. 

"So, how do you know if you're in love?"

"Well, I felt butterflies in my stomach whenever I looked at Kai." Cole starts.

"And I was a constant nervous wreck. Whenever I saw Cole, I would blush, stumble, stutter, and bump into things, I was so embarrassed. But when Cole worked up the nerve and kissed me, it was like fireworks. I loved it." Kai confesses. "I still do." I study how happy they look. 

"What are the preferences of the other?" I ask as Jay walks in.

"Well, Zane is straight, so he likes just the opposite gender," Kai says. "Nya is lesbian, I'm bi, Cole is gay, and Jay, well Jay can tell you himself." I turn to Jay. He gives us a startled look. 

"Oh! Um, well, I'm pansexual. but I'm also genderfluid, which means my gender changes by the day." He says. I smile at him.

"So... you can be whatever you want?" I confirm.

"Yes," Jay says. We sit in silence for a bit. The others have completely turned their attention back to the movie when I speak up.

"So, what if I don't know what I am? What if I don't know what I want to be?" Cole smiles as Kai tucks his head under his chin.

"Then you would be queer," Jay says gently.

"Oh! So I'm queer?"

"Yeah," Jay says.

"Can I go tell the other?" I ask excitedly. 

"Definitely!" Kai says. I jump off his lap and race to the kitchen. Zane looks up from his book, startled.

"Zane! Guess what!"

"Chicken butt," Zane says playfully.

"Nope!"

"Tell me," He says, leaning forward slightly.

"I'm queer!"

Zane watches me with a smile on their face. Zane moves closer and gives me a hug. 

"That's great, bud! I'm so happy for you!" Zane says, tightening his hug slightly. "I'm proud that you figured that out,"

"Can I go tell Sensei?"

"Alright, bud. He's still in his study." He says, handing me a cookie and letting go.

I walk down the hall, nibbling on my cookie. I raise my hand to know, but Sensei opens before I can. He leads me inside and sits me down. I sit across from him.

"Did you want to talk with me?"

"Yeah!" He stands and grabs a cup of tea. He takes a long sip and waits for me to continue. "Sensei, I'm queer!" 

He puts his cup down and walks over. I giggle as he lifts me up and holds me against him.

"I'm proud of you, my nephew. As long as you are happy," He says. I press against him. He kisses my forehead. "You make me so happy that you are happy with yourself."

He carries me to the living room and sits with me. He tickles my sides gently and pulls a blanket over my head. I push it off. Rubbing my back, he lets me finish my cookie. Kai, Cole, and Jay smile at the two of us. I want to know why people make such a big deal about this LGBTGQ+ stuff. Why can't people let others be themselves? It's so stupid. Oh well, at least I have these guys. I lean against Sensei. His arm wraps around me. I still have some questions, but for now, I want to cuddle.

Hey, did you like it? Also, I'm curious, does anyone else headcanon Jay as Pan and genderfluid?  For a while, I had Jay as Pan/Bi and non-binary. See you on the flip side! Bye Bye!