Robotic Anatomy

Lol, I'm tired. This one will probably suck. Good luck to all of you, readers!

Zane's P.o.v.

I sat calmly in my room, reading a book. My door was wide open, so I could hear the conversations of the others better. You never know when you might have to break up a fight. Just the other day, I had to stop Nya from ending Kai when he ate the last cookie. And we're supposed to be the saviors of Ninjago. Jay walks by my room, his head bowed.

"Jay?" His head shoots up, looking around wildly for me. When he sees me, he relaxes.

"Hmm?" His eyes shine with moisture.

"Come here." He walks into my room, shutting the door behind him. "What's up?" I ask.

"N-Nothing." He stutters. I nod.

"Can you help me? I'm trying to draw out a design plan for myself, but I'm not sure where everything is." He looks at my book, titled "Robots of Ninjago", and then at the design plan that my father made.

"Why? You have the design right there." He says. I shrug.

"I'm bored and have nothing else to do." His eyes twinkle like they do when he's happy.

"Well then, why not? We've nothing to lose." He says, plopping down next to me. I grab my sketchbook and flip to a page where I sketched out a rough outline of myself from two different perspectives. One of my front, and one of my back.

"Okay, first, we should open my back panel." He opens it using a tool from my toolbox that I keep in my closet. We work hard for a few hours, and I have a completed design plan when we're done. He helps me transfer it to a stronger, more durable, paper. Finally, he flops back on my bed while I put the stuff away. I turn back and look at the time.

"So, now will you tell me what was wrong earlier?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"It's not important." He tries to tell me. He starts messing with his hands. I sit next to him and take his hand, tapping on his knuckles. He turns his head away.

"Go on," I say gently. He sighs.

"I dunno, it's just, sometimes I get homesick. I know I can go visit them, but we're just always so busy and I never have time!" Jay says suddenly. I pull him into a hug. Jay hugs me back. After a few minutes, I pull away.

"Better now?" He nods.

"Yeah. I think I'm going to take a nap." He says. I nod. It's time for me to start cooking supper anyways. I watch him head to his room. I make my way to the kitchen. I  pull out the menu for the week and start figuring out what to make. Lloyd joins me at my side. He points to the fettuccine alfredo.

"How about that for supper?" He asks. I shrug.

"Why not?" We set about making supper. A couple of times I almost mess up, and I know Lloyd noticed. He didn't say anything, though, bless his heart. He knows when something is wrong, but he also knows when to ask. When we finish, Lloyd goes to round everyone up to eat while I go get Jay. 

Jay's P.o.v.

Did I really just do that? Did I really just say that? He's going to think I'm crazy! I curl up on my bed. Maybe if I sleep, it will turn out to just be a bad dream. I fall into an uncomfortable nap.

I'm falling. I see the sky above me. The wind whistles in my ears. I twist around and see the ground coming up to meet me. I pass the tallest of the trees. Strangely, I don't panic. I want to, but It's like my body has already accepted my doom. Suddenly, a fist made of the earth reaches up and catches me. I stand on its palm, and watch in silent horror as a body forms from the earth, almost like watching it melt in reverse. A face forms, the eyes open and look at me as a mouth and long hair form. I stumble back, shaking. The thing laughs. Her voice sounds like honey, smooth and sweet.