What's 'Cuddling?'

Welp, I'm back with Kid Lloyd and cuddles! It's been too long! Enjoy the (small) break from angst, I guess!

Lloyd's P.o.v.

I watch Jay hold Nya as she leans against him lovingly from my spot behind the couch. Jay presses a kiss to her temple. What was that? Cole told me that they loved each other. Kai said 'blech' when Cole said that. I asked what love was and they explained it. Or tried to. Zane had to step in. I guess it's a feeling? It's kinda abstract to me.  Nya's head falls against Jay's shoulder and her breathing slows. Once I'm certain she's asleep, I pop up.

"Jay?"

"Hmm?" He asks, not looking up from his phone. 

"What are you and Nya doing?" I ask, moving in front of him. He finally looks up.

"...Cuddling?" I cock my head. 

"What's 'cuddling?'" He gives me a shocked look. 

"You mean to tell me that you don't know what cuddling is?" He sounds astounded. 

"...Sorry..."

"No! Don't be sorry. I just- most people just know what it is, ya know?" I nod. "Um, cuddling is like, when you hold someone affectionately. Like, with love."

"Oh,"

He studies me for a minute. I nervously shift my weight from leg to leg. Nya lets out a small whine and snuggles closer to Jay. He wraps an arm around her before speaking again.

"You should find someone to cuddle with you. Anyone would be happy to cuddle you."

"Really?" 

"Yup!"

I bounce off and start looking for someone. I manage to locate the guys and try to decide who to ask. Jay is already cuddling Nya, Cole doesn't seem to be feeling the greatest, Zane is reading a book, Nya is asleep, and Kai, well, I don't know if he likes me. I'm so lost in my thoughts, I don't notice the person in front of me until I've walked into their legs. I glance up and see someone in a red sweatshirt with brown hair.

"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't-"

"Chill. It's cool," he says, looking up from his phone.

Wait. What?

"B-but I-"

"Lloyd. It's fine. Seriously." He smiles down at me. I watch him, slightly scared. "You good bud? Do you need something?"

"I..." I hesitate. Should I tell him? He would probably laugh at me. Screw it. It's not like he could hurt me. And I could always tell Zane. "I just wanted to cuddle with someone." 

"Oh." He sounds mildly surprised. "Do you wanna cuddle with me?" The sincerity in his voice catches me off guard. 

"I... sure," I say, trying not to show my excitement. He flashes a smile and puts his phone in his pocket. I muffle a scream of surprise when he picks me up. 

"Relax. I'm not gonna hurt you." He tells me. I let him hold me, and he leans my head on his shoulder. He carries me to the couch. 

Jay's since fallen asleep, and Nya still is. Kai gives them a soft smile and pulls the blanket farther up over them. He sits down and puts me on his lap. I must admit, he's warm. His hand trails up and down my back and I lean into him. A blanket gets pulled over my shoulders and he smiles at me.

"Just so you know, I didn't fix their blanket." He tells me, glancing at Jay and Nya. A question pops out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"Why don't you like them dating?" 

He sighs. "I guess... I raised Nya. It's hard to see her happy without me.  I mean, I don't have anything against them dating. I just- I'm all she had. And for her to suddenly not need me... It kinda hurts."

Woah. I didn't realize that Kai felt like that.

"Wow. That was an emotional dump, wasn't it? But, talking about me aside, why did you look so scared when you walked into me? I mean, it was partially my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Uh, the teachers at Darkley's punished pretty much everything. That would have warranted me at least a week of detention and maybe even... 'special time' with the principal."

He looks horrified. "For an accident?!"

I nod. "Yup."

 He holds me tighter, and for a second, I see something in his eyes that I can't quite place. Anger? Sadness? No, I think it's worry. 

"You're never going back there. You never have to worry about that again."

I lean my head on his shoulder, enjoying his warmth and his comfortable hold on me. Kai takes his other hand and runs his pinky down the bridge of my nose, stopping at the tip before starting again. My eyes close on their own accord and  I suddenly feel tired. He hums a soft song and I quietly fall asleep.

-----Timeskip-----

Jay's P.o.v.

I stir and see Nya still curled against me. Kai's holding Lloyd and they both are asleep. Kai has a total soft spot for him, which he can't hide no matter how hard he tries. I glance at my phone and groan when I see it's already time for bed. I pick Nya up and carry her to my room. Once she is settled, I move back to the couch and tuck the blanket up closer to them. Kai shifts and his head falls back against the couch. Lloyd adjusts himself to rest against Kai more, and I smile when his head ends up on Kai's chest. Shaking my head, I turn off the light and walk back to my room. I glance back once more and see they both are smiling. I'm glad they're getting along so well.

Heyyyyy, you made it! Good job! Have a cookie 🍪! Also, happy National Encourage a Young Writer Day! (I'm not kidding, it's real. Look it up.)

Anywho, I need your help. I need ideas. We are quickly approaching 100 chapters, and I want to do something special. Unsure what though. 

(And to those of you who have requested, if you feel it's been a while since I said I would do it... let me know! Remind me! Shoot me a message! Not only do I like when people do, but I've been busy and might forget. I don't want that to happen! And if you did read this far, thank you.)