Can I have a Hug?

Kai's P.o.v.

I wake up in a cold sweat. I shiver, looking around. I sigh and relax. I re-adjust myself and roll over. I had a nightmare. I get them a lot. When I was younger, I'd go to Mom or Dad, but one day Dad told me I needed to be a big boy. Then, a week later, he and Mom left. Later, we found out they had been kidnapped, but it still hurt. I hide my face in the pillow. Zane does nightly checks before bed to make sure nothing is wrong. Sometimes, Misako and Sensei help. Glancing at the clock, I see I have about two minutes before he's supposed to come in. I sit in silence. Sure enough, Zane walks in right on time. The door cracks open, letting in a singular beam of light. I pretend to be asleep. Zane crosses the room and adjusts my blanket. I feel him push my hair out of my eyes. He tucks me in tightly and whispers "Goodnight, Brother." Before leaving. I smile into my pillow. I never had many hugs from my childhood. I told my parents that I went to them every time I had a nightmare, but I didn't. Now, hugs are rare. The only time I get them is when I'm comforting someone of Nya's excited about something. I fall asleep wishing that I had more hugs. 

Zane's P.o.v.

I walk into Kai's room. I see that he's pretending to sleep. I tuck him in. He smiles a little. I push his hair back and whisper "Goodnight, Brother." I leave, noting that he seems to like it when we touch him. I wonder why. I shut the door quietly. An idea is forming, and I walk down the hall to Nya's room. I hope she agrees. I open the door.

"Nya? It's me. We need to talk."

--------------------------------------------------Timeskip----------------------------------------------------------

Kai's P.o.v.

I walk into the kitchen and take a seat. Nya bounds in and hugs me. It's a tradition of ours. Every morning she hugs me to show that she's okay. If she doesn't, then I assume something is wrong. I smile at her hug and turn back to the conversation between Lloyd and Cole. I'm not sure, but I think Lloyd is trying to convince Cole to help him prank Jay. Their conversation is really entertaining.

Nya's P.o.v.

Zane came to talk to me last night.  He said that he wanted to test something. According to him, Kai might be touch starved. I'm not quite sure what that means, but Zane said that it happens when they don't get many hugs or physical affection as they're used to or at all. Kai never did get many hugs, thinking back on it. Our tradition is a fairly new one, so it makes sense. He said to separate Kai from the others so he can explain the plan. I agreed to do it. I walk into the kitchen and hug him. I pretend not to hear Lloyd and Cole's conversation. I'll have to warn Jay later. I grab two fresh muffins from Zane and hand one to Kai.

"Kai, would you go on a walk with me?" I ask.

"Sure," He says, nodding. We head out. I don't know how long Zane needs, but I hope it's enough time.

Zane's P.o.v.

I hand out some muffins. Jay stumbles into the kitchen. I hand him a muffin. He mumbles thanks and sits down. I wait a few minutes for him to wake up before I start. I find it funny that Cole and Lloyd continued their conversation knowing that Jay was too tired to understand them. 

"Brothers," I start, getting their attention. "It has come to my attention that Kai might be touch starved." Jay stares at me, trying to comprehend what I just said. A look of realization crosses his face, so I continue. "In order to be sure, I need your help. Just randomly hug him or something. I high-five, a fistbump, anything. At the end of the day, let me know what you noticed. As of right now, the only thing I've noticed is that he tends to smile." The nod. I hear the door open and Kai and Nya come back in. I give Nya a thumbs up and she smiles at me. 

--------------------------------------------------Timeskip----------------------------------------------------------

Kai's P.o.v.

After training, Cole gives me a high-five. That felt good. I head inside. I can feel a stress headache coming on. I put on a movie to help relieve some stress. I can't relax though. Jay walks in.

"Hey," He says. I hum in acknowledgment. "Um, this is weird, but I'm cold. Can you warm me up?" He stutters out. I see his face turning red.

"Sure, come here." I grab a blanket and he sits down next to me. I cover him with the blanket, and he curls up next to me. I smile, noting that Jay curled up against me while holding my arm like a stuffed animal. I started falling asleep. I felt a hand rubbing up and down my back. It felt good. I feel the headache start to disperse. Jay's hand falls back to his side. I miss the feeling, but I don't want to be a bother, so I don't say anything.

Jay's P.o.v.

I stop rubbing Kai's back, not wanting to push him too far. As soon as I stop, though, I see his smile dip a little. He subconsciously moves closer to me. I start rubbing his back again. His smile raises a bit, and he falls asleep. Good. Kai hugs me tightly. I keep rubbing his back while watching the movie.

Nya's P.o.v.

I peek into the room and see Kai and Jay asleep. No wonder. Sensei's training was brutal and went on longer than usual. I turn off the light and head to Cole's room, where Lloyd and Cole were finishing up planning their prank. Maybe I would help them.

I like this one. For those of you who got mixed messages, Jay and Kai are friends. I do like Plasma, but that's not the main focus. Now, um, yeah! Bye Bye!