My Body Hurts

Okay, so... Lloyd had to grow up really fast, we know that, right? And when he did, he wasn't really experiencing growing pains yet. At least, not bad ones. And the transition into a new body had to have been hard. I mean, suddenly he couldn't fit into Kai's lap, or be able to cuddle Cole when he had a nightmare. But, he also LOOKED older, so he has to ACT older too, right? 

We all know how bad growing pains are, but Lloyd skipped over all of them, right? And he got used to his new body really easily, right?

...Right?

Lloyd's P.o.v.

I stare at myself in the mirror. The person staring back doesn't look like me. Sure, they had the same red and green eyes, the same hair, and the same weird fangs that tended to scare people, but they weren't me. Everything looks so... foreign. Nothing feels normal. I keep walking into doorways or bumping into things. The others are being nice about it, but... it hurts. I just want to be a kid again. I know what I did saved them from dying, and I would do it a thousand times over, but I would still miss my childhood. I didn't have a good one until the Ninja came into my life, but still. It wasn't very long. On top of that, my whole body was starting to hurt. 

"Lloyd? Are you in there? Sensei and Zane want to talk to us," Kai's voice calls.

"I'll be out soon," I say, wincing at the sound of my newer, deeper voice. 

"'Kay. I'll tell them." He says, walking away. 

I glance in the mirror one more time before pulling on the jeans Jay lent me and the slightly too-big shirt. Cole thought ahead and left me a black sweater with a single thick orange stripe running through the middle, which helped a little. It helped hide how much bigger my body was now. I stuck my hands in the pocket of the too-big sweater that was almost double my size. I force myself to walk out and find the others. They're all sitting on the couch. I take my usual spot between Nya and Kai, sighing quietly when my body relaxes against them.

"Lloyd, we need to address the recent change that has taken place," Sensei says. I nod, leaning into Nya as she wraps an arm around me. "We know that you are struggling a bit, but we need to talk."

Oh boy, they had no idea how much I was struggling. Zane steps forward quietly, and kneels in front of me. Gently taking my hands, he starts.

"Lloyd, under normal circumstances, people grow up slowly, giving them time to adjust. You never got that time, and aged almost six years in one day. Your physical age is now roughly sixteen. That would place you right in between Kai and Nya."

"Wait, how? They were born before me." I ask.

"Your birthday is in May. Nya's is in April, and Kai's is in June. Because your birthday month falls between them, you are older than Nya but younger than Kai." Zane explains patiently. 

"What about Jay? He was also born in May." 

"That's when the day of your birth comes into play. You were born on the fifteenth, and Jay was born on the twentieth. You are older than him by five days. Which makes you the middle child now." 

"Aww man," Jay pouts. "He's older than me now."

Cole pats his back as I hold back a yawn. Kai leans against my arm and I gently lean my head on Nya.

"Another side effect will be random mood swings, though I'm not sure how strong. You will also be experiencing stronger and more frequent growing pains. And last but not least, prepare for voice cracks. But don't worry, Jay will be dealing with it too." Jay rolls his eyes. "All of us have voice cracks from time to time. You won't be alone. And don't be afraid to ask us for anything."