The Lloyd sandwich

Lloyd's a kid in this one. This is important to the story, so don't forget. Also, in case I forgot in the last chapter, the drawing for Morro's Pains was done by nanabel2010

Nya P.o.v.

I walked down the hall. Lloyd was bouncing along behind me.

"Where are you bringing me? What are you doing? Why do you need me?" Lloyd was asking questions a mile a minute. I couldn't keep up with him. I said nothing, leading him to Kai's room. When we get there, I knock on the door. A muffled "Come in," was heard. I enter the room, motioning for Lloyd to follow. I shut the door and crossed the room. I sat next to Kai on the bed. Lloyd looked nervous. I don't blame him. Kai can be pretty intimidating. 

"Am I in trouble? I-I didn't do anything." There it was. It wasn't much, but it was there. A small crack in his facade. He put on a confident mask, wanting to look tough. But sometimes you can see it slip, revealing the scared boy hiding behind it.

"Lloyd, come here." Lloyd looked like he was on the verge of tears, but did as Kai said.

Kai's P.o.v.

Lloyd slowly walked over to me. I felt bad, but sometimes you need to be firm.

"Take a seat." He sat next to me. I wrap an arm around him. He tenses. He must still not be used to positive physical touch. "We heard you crying last night. Is something wrong?" Lloyd looks surprised. 

"I-I wasn't crying." He says quickly. His face is turning red. I know that face he's making. It's the same face Nya used to make when she was about to cry. I pull him into a hug.

"It's okay. Tell us when you're ready." He takes a deep breath but doesn't say anything. I pull him onto my lap. He turns his head so his face is buried in my shirt. Nya moves to the other side of me and hugs him. 

"I just, never mind." Lloyd starts. 

"Go on," Nya tells him. I give him a reassuring squeeze.

"I just, I wish I wasn't the green ninja. There's so much stress, and I'm not ready for it! You should have been the green ninja! Not me!" He says looking at me. "I just want a normal life! With a normal family... I-" His voice breaks off into a sob. I start messing with his hair. That used to work on Nya. Unfortunately, it's not enough for Lloyd. Well, shit. Time to resort to plan two. I hold him a little closer and start humming a song. He starts to calm down. 

"Destiny chose you for a reason. You're doing fine. Everything will work out, don't worry." I tell him. He relaxes against me, with a half smile on his face. Nya glances at the clock.

"It's getting late. We should head to bed." I glance at Lloyd after Nya said that. He already looks tired. I look at Nya and smirk.

"Let's just sleep here. I mean, look at him!" I whisper. Nya looks at Lloyd's face. He yawns and snuggles up against me. She nods.

"Let's do it." I lay down, with Lloyd on my chest. He starts to move. 

"No no, stay," I command. 

"But... I don't want to bother you." He protests.

"You're not gonna bother me," I say, tickling him. He giggles.  "And if you do, I'll tickle you even more!" His giggles transform into laughter. Nya laughs at us. Lloyd rolls off my chest and lands next to me. I roll onto my side and pull him close. He hugs me and snuggles closer. Nya turns off the lights, then climb ins next to us. She pulls up the blanket, covering all of us. Nya then wraps her arms around Lloyd too.

"We made the best thing ever!" She says happily.

"What did we make?" Lloyd asks her. I already know the answer, so I say it before her.

"We made a Lloyd sandwich!" He giggles.

"I love you guys." He tells us. My heart melts. He hasn't said that to anyone but Sensei.

"We love you too." We all slowly drift to sleep, comforted by each other's presence.

Welp, here's yet another chapter.  Short and sweet, just like Lloyd. Why am I writing this? Does anyone ever read these? Oh well. I  like the sibling dynamic between Lloyd, Nya, and Kai. I headcanon Kai as the therapist's friend, because he grew up raising Nya alone, and will go out of his way to make your day better. Alright, I stop my ranting now. Bye Bye! :)