Just A Nightmare

Lol, okay, kid Lloyd time again. Also, slight angst, because yes. But then there's comfort, so don't worry. Also probably Greenice. I don't know. I haven't done this ship in a while. And don't worry, it's PLATONIC.

Zane's P.o.v.

I roll over and stare at the wall. Something woke me up, but I'm not sure what. With a sigh, I decide to go back to bed when I hear something smash. I jump out of bed. I move quickly to the kitchen before I can fully register what I heard. 

"Lloyd?"

He was standing in the kitchen, surrounded by broken glass. Or shattered, more likely. He looks up at me with wild eyes, tears welling up.

"I'm sorry," He says, face turning red.

"It's fine. It's only glass." I walk over and carefully pick him up.  He flinches as I carry him away from the mess. Setting him down, I turn back to the glass. Kneeling on the floor, I begin grabbing the glass fragments off the ground. 

"What happened?" I ask gently, squatting next to him. 

"I was thirsty so I tried to get a drink, but I dropped the glass, and, and-" Fresh tears spill over, and I quietly hush him.

"Hey, it's okay. Accidents happen," I say. I move to hug him but he flinches and takes a step back, looking away. "Lloyd? What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I had a bad dream and I guess I was still distracted." 

Lloyd hides his face in his hands, crying quietly. I glance around. No one else is up, somehow, but they will be if we stay here. I scoop him into my arms again and hold him against me. He twists, trying to get away, but I calmly carry him to his room. Sitting on the bed, I place him next to me. He crawls away and sits next to a lump under the blankets almost defensively.

"Will you tell me what your nightmare was about?" I ask softly. He watches me apprehensively as I adjust myself. I lean on the bedframe and wait.

"It was about Dad," He whispers.

"What about him?"

"He- he was hurt. He said it was my fault. I- He said he didn't love me," Lloyd sobs.

"Oh, you poor thing," I open my arms and he launches himself at me. Wrapping him in a hug, I let him sob on my shoulder. Lloyd hiccups, clutching at my shirt.

"What if Dad hates me? What if he wants me to fail?"

"No, honey. Garmadon would never want that. From what I've heard from Sensei, he loves you more than anything. He would hate to see you hurt." I whisper. He looks up at me, tears sparkling in his eyes. 

"Do you think so?"

"I know so," 

Lloyd closes his eyes and curls up on my lap. His shoulders shake, but he's not crying as hard anymore. His hand moves around the blanket until he reaches the lump. Throwing the blanket aside, he grabs a stuffed white tiger and holds it tightly. 

"Will- Will you stay with Millie and me tonight?" He mumbles. 

"Of course," He smiles as I shift us, moving to the pillows. He holds me tight as I pull the blanket over us. His head falls on my chest, a smile forming on his face. I rub his back and he quickly falls asleep, smiling. 

----Timeskip----

I wake up to Lloyd's soft, steady breathing. He moves closer, one arm resting on my stomach, with Millie tucked under him. I move my arms and mess with his hair. I should probably get up, but I think I'll enjoy this tranquil moment a while more.' 

Lloyd stirs and opens his eyes. He takes a moment to orient himself before looking at me. 

"Zane?" He asks. I hum in acknowledgement. He moves up and places his head on my shoulder. "Are you mad at me?"

"Of course not!"

Lloyd goes quiet for a moment before speaking again.

"Did last night really happen? Did I really break a glass or was I dreaming?"

"Yes, it did happen,"

"Oh," Lloyd's head falls onto the pillows again, pulling his arm away and hugging Millie tightly.

I stretch and sit up, holding my arms open in a silent offer, which Lloyd accepts. Pulling him onto my lap, I resume playing with Lloyd's hair. He hums and relaxes against me. We sit for a few more minutes before I glance at the clock. 

"Hey, Lloyd, you know you don't need to feel bad about having nightmares,"

"Really?"

"Really. We all have them,"' 

"People used to make fun of me for having them,"

"We wont," I promise. "After all, it was just a nightmare,"

Hey, y'all, the spelling in this is probably really bad. I swear it will get better eventually. I hope this was okay, because I just wasn't feeling it. But I'll see you on the flip side!