Past Pains

Sensei Wu's point of view

I walked along the river bed, lost in thought. I felt terrible about how I acted when Lloyd and Kai came out, but I couldn't help it. They reminded me of Morro. My mind forces me back to when he came out.

Sensei's memory

I watched Morro come out of his room. I had fixed lunch because he needed a shower after training. There was an odd look on Morro's face. 

"Are you okay, Morro?" My voice called. Morro looked up, startled. He starts to nod, hesitates, and shakes his head.

"No." That simple word had more emotion than a whole story.

"Would you like to talk about it?"  Morro takes a seat, staring at the table.

"Yes."  I see something on Morro's face I hadn't seen for a long time. 'Maybe I'm just seeing things.' I think to myself. Morro shifts his weight. I take a seat.

"Whenever you're ready."  Morro looks at me. There. Right there, I see the emotion again. Fear. What is he scared of? Morro takes a deep breath.

"Sensei, I... I need to tell you something." Morro pauses, taking another breath and looking me in the eye. I can see tears in his eyes, threatening to spill. "I... I'm gay." Morro starts crying now. I've never seen him cry. He drops his head, breaking eye contact. "You're probably mad at me, and I understand if you want me gone. I failed you, Sensei." He puts his head on the table.

"Morro..." I say, "Come here."  He stands, looking terrified. Walking over to me, he keeps his eyes on the ground. "Look at me, Morro." He looks up. I stand, raising my arms. He flinches back. I mentally smack myself. 'Of course, his family! His family was abusive! How could I forget? Morro probably thinks I'm going to hit him!' I think to myself. I wrap my arms around him in a hug and gently lead him to the couch. I sit down, forcing him to sit next to me.

"I love you, Morro. No matter your sexuality." He looks up at me.

"Really?" I nod. He puts his head on my shoulder, still crying. I hold him until he calms down. 

"Thank you, Sensei." At that moment, I knew I would protect him endlessly. If anyone has a problem, they can talk to me. I would never let Morro feel hated.

End of memory

I gasp. Lloyd and Kai must feel so rejected. I must go apologize. I head back to the Bounty.

---------------------------------------------------Timeskip---------------------------------------------------

I walk in the door, startling everyone. I take in the scene. Kai was sitting on the couch, with Lloyd on his lap. Nya was curled up on Kai's side. She did that often. Zane was sitting next to them, trying to read a book. I say trying because Cole had his head on his lap, making it hard for Zane to concentrate. Jay was watching T.V. while sitting on the floor. For a second, it was like I had never messed up when Lloyd and Kai came out, but then everything changed. Nya was giving me an acusitory glare, and Kai was trying to get Lloyd to go to their room. Lloyd sat there, watching me, with a sad look on his face. I cleared my throat,

"Students, I must talk to you. Please, sit down." Grumbling, Kai sat back down, taking Lloyd onto his lap again. I crossed the room and sat in the last chair. Turning my attention to Kai and Lloyd, I began.

"Students, I fear I have acted poorly. You see, I was scared for you." Lloyd looks surprised.

"Oh really? What were you scared of? Huh? You weren't scared! You're just a-"

"I was scared because of what happened with Morro." I say, cutting Kai off. "And now, I fear I have irreversible damaged my connection with my nephew and my students." It's everyone else's turn to be shocked.

"Sensei... What happened to Morro?" Lloyd's small, quiet voice asks. I look at him. He smiles. I smile back, and retell them the story. When I had finished, Lloyd stands up. He walks over to me, then hugs me. I feel more arms wrap around me.

"Awwww, Group hug!" Jay says excitedly. When they finally pull away, I look into Lloyd's tear-stained face.

"Can you ever forgive me?" I ask quietly.

"Uncle, I already have."

Wow, this one was short. Oh well. So the first like, six oneshots, including this one, were like a story. I don't know how that happened. Hopefully the ones after this one aren't a continuation of these, because I have some great ideas. Do you guys like how I head cannon Morro's family as abusive? Morro is one of my favorite charactoars. That's not weird, is it? Anywho, I should probably go eat lunch, but I wont. I'm gonna start on the next oneshot now. Bye Bye!