Cherrybomb

Lloyd is still a child in this one. Am I obsessed with kid Lloyd? Yes. Now, back to the story.

Zane's P.o.v.

Sensei Wu was talking to us. Technically, we were training. We were learning about a new move he wanted us to try. We were to stand as straight and still as possible. It was easy for me, but the others were struggling. Jay had his hands behind his back, hoping to hide the fact that he was fidgeting. Lloyd was standing on my other side. He didn't need to be here, but he came anyway. Lloyd was on his tip-toes, trying to be as tall as me. It was cute, but his attempts weren't worth it. I was roughly 6'5". Lloyd was only 4'9". Sensei finished his lecture and dismissed us. I put my hand on Lloyd's head. He scowls in defeat. I smile.

"Would you like to go on a walk?"  I ask him. He smiles almost instantly.

"Really?! Can we, can we, please?!" I nod. He starts bouncing on his heels in excitement. I laugh.

"Let me ask the others if they want to come. Grab your jacket and get your shoes on while you wait. It's a bit chilly out." I tell him. 

"Okay!" He nods and runs out of the room. I walk off to find the others.

Lloyd's P.o.v.

I can't wait to go! It sounds stupid, but stuff like this, going on walks, helps me pretend that I have a normal family. It makes it easy to pretend the others are just my much older siblings. I hope Nya can come. She always makes me laugh. I grab a thin jacket and start putting on my shoes. One of them has a knot in it, and I can't get it out. Kai wanders into the room.

"Heya bud. Need help?" I nod. He squats down next to me and helps me take the knot out.

"You ready to go on the walk? All of us are going. Except for Sensei. We couldn't find him, so we left a note." I hum in response.

-----------------------------------------------------Timeskip-------------------------------------------------------

 When we are all ready to go, we head out. I skip along ahead of them. Finally, after ages of walking, we see the park.

"Race you!" Nya calls.

"You're on!" We both start sprinting to the park. I pull ahead at the last second and beat her. I punch the air in victory.

"Victory is mine!" I shout. Nya laughs and takes my hand. 

"Let's go play," she says, leading me to the swings. She helps me get on a swing and starts pushing me. I giggle. This is fun.

Nya's P.o.v.

Lloyd giggles. I love making him happy. The others have made their way to a park bench hidden in the shade. Kai smiles at me and gives me a thumbs-up. I know he's referring to the fact that I let Lloyd win. I don't think Lloyd noticed, though.  I turn my attention back to Lloyd.

"Wanna ask the boys if they'll play Cherrybomb?" I ask.

"Yeah!" Lloyd's smile is infectious. He hops off the swing mid-air and runs towards them. I trail along behind him. When I get there, Lloyd's talking a mile a minute.

"-And we should totally do it! It would be so much fun!" He continues. Cole raises his hand.

"Hold up, kid. I can't even understand you." He says. Lloyd just stares at him.

"What he's trying to say," I interrupt, before Lloyd can start again. "Is that he wants to know if you guys want to play Cherrybomb with us." Lloyd nods enthusiastically. 

"I don't see why not," Zane says. "We have nothing better to do." The rest of them agree.

"I'll be it first." Jay volunteers. Lloyd cheers and sprints for the playground. The rest of us follow. 

"Hurry up!" Lloyds calls. I smile. That boy can be so impatient.

-------------------------------------------------------Timeskip-----------------------------------------------------

Zane's P.o.v.

We've been playing all day. The sun is starting to set, and Lloyd is leaning against me. He yawns. The others are playing a game of hide and seek.

"JAY WHERE THE FU-"

"KAI! No swearing!" I call back. Lloyd shifts a little.

"YEAH! Swearing is a sign of low intelligence!" Jay calls, accidentally revealing his hiding spot.

"HA! I found you!" Kai says happily.

"IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL YOU TAG ME!" Jay shouts and starts running. Kai chases after him. Lloyd shivers a bit. I pull him onto my lap. A lot of people assume that I'm always cold, but I can be warm when I want to be. Lloyd yawns and puts his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him and watch Jay finally get tagged. He plops down next to me. Nyah has been moving around in the trees with grace. I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a ninja in the future. I glance at Jay.

"Is he asleep?" I ask. Jay looks at me.

"Hmm?" I glance at Lloyd.

"Is he asleep?" I ask again. He looks at Lloyd.

"Yeah," Jay says. The others finish up their game. When they see Lloyd, they smile. I stand, keeping Lloyd tucked against my chest.

"Time to head home," I say. The others nod. We walk home in comfortable silence. When we get back, I head to Lloyd's room. I turn on the light and survey his room. It could really use a good cleaning. I head over to Lloyd's bed and tuck him in. I move to leave but Lloyd grabs my arm. 

"Stay. Please." I look back at him. He woke up at some point without me noticing. "You're warm." I nod.

"Okay. Just let me get the lights." I hit the lights and lay down next to him. He curls up against me almost instantly. I trap him in a hug.

"Thanks. You're just as warm as Kai." I smile.

"You're welcome." He hides his face in my shirt. He mumbles goodnight. "Goodnight," I say. I feel his breathing slow. I fall asleep soon after him. The last thought I have is 'He must clean his room tomorrow.'

Yay! Another one-shot is done! Hope you enjoyed it, 'cause I'm in a dark mood, and the next one will probably have death in it. Alright, Bye Bye!