Troublesome Lad

I need help. I've been reading Ao3 a lot and got random inspiration. I honestly don't know how this will go. Good luck! Pre-Lloyd being the Green Ninja!

Jay's P.o.v.

Watching the kid, I realize he and Sensei do look pretty alike. But why didn't he mention his nephew sooner? Or take care of him? Darkley's reputation isn't exactly very good, and he can't fully put weight on one leg without falling over. Where are this kid's parents?

"No! Put me down! I don't want to go with you!" He starts, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Lloyd, you are coming with us whether you like it or not," Sensei says gently. "We just want to help."

"Put me back! I will never go with you! I'll make you regret this!" He half screams. Sensei ignores him and begins walking home. Kai, Zane, and I share a look before scrambling after them.  Sensei's holding Lloyd against his chest so that Lloyd can see over Sensei's shoulder. He pouts and looks down. I walk behind them as the others fall into step next to them. Tears leak from Lloyd's eyes as he avoids looking at me. I sped up a bit and give him a weak smile. He turns his head away. I sigh. If only Cole was here. He's really good at comforting people. This kid is gonna be a challenge.

-------Timeskip-------

Kai's P.o.v.

I groan awake to a soft sniffling. Curse me and my light sleeping. I expect it to be Cole, he threw up today after a dizzy spell. Must be a side effect of being hypnotized. The look of confusion on his face was kinda funny when we explained Lloyd would be staying with us. But I'm shocked when it's not. Not Zane or Jay, either. Glancing over to the side, I see Lloyd on the makeshift bed we made for the night. He's curled up in a ball with his back to us, but with the way his shoulders are shaking, I can evaluate the noise is coming from him. I hesitate. Part of me wants to leave him alone, but the other side of me wants to comfort and cuddle him. I glance at my bed. With a sigh, I grab one of my old stuffed animals from my nightstand. I put it there for decoration, and because Nya would be able to have a part of me comfort her if she wanted without waking me up. I creep across the room and kneel on the mattress.

"Lloyd?" I whisper. He stiffens.

"G-Go away."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" 

"Bull." I pull him onto my lap, where he struggles against me. I shove the stuffed animal in his hands. "Shh, shh. Don't wake the others. They might not like that."

"Doesn't matter. They don't like me anyway." He mumbles into my shirt, voice slightly muffled.

"Why do you think that?" I ask calmly. 

"B-Because. Y-You all s-said that I w-was causing p-problems." He whimpers.

"No, honey. We never said that. Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" 

"I... don't know anymore." 

"Exactly." He's finally stopped struggling and slumped against me. I rock him slightly. He sniffles and hides his face in my pajama top. I rub his back gently as he starts crying again. "Do you want me to stay with you tonight?"

"Mhm," He nods.

"Okay," I whisper. He lets me lie down and places himself next to my arm. I cuddle him gently. He holds my middle as he rests his head against my chest. He slowly falls asleep as I study his face. Huh. Zane was right when he said people look younger when they are asleep. I close my eyes, vowing to take care of this in the morning.