English Lesson

So I came up with this headcanon where Lloyd was never properly educated, so the others teach him. Each one teaches what they know best. Nya teaches English, Jay teaches Coding and computer skills, Cole teaches both science and history, Kai teaches math, and Zane teaches everything else. His P.E. is his training. I really like my headcanon, so don't make fun of it. Alright, onto the story!

Nya's P.o.v.

"Nya! Nya!" I glance up.

"Yeah?"

"Zane made cookies!" Lloyd exclaims, bounding forward. He hands me one, climbing up next to me.

"Thank you,"

"No problem," He says, peering over my shoulder. "Watchya doing?"

"Reading,"

"Oh," He says sadly.

"What's wrong?"

"I just never learned how to read." His voice trails into a whisper.

"Would you like to learn?" I ask gently. He nods. "Excellent!" 

I flip my book back to the beginning. I walk him through the basics. He seems to understand it pretty well. I point to a word.

"What word is this?"

"Umm," He stares at it.

"What are the letters?" I ask him.

"H, o, m, e," He says.

"Okay, now sound it out," I tell him.

"Ha, ho, home!" HE says excitedly.

"Yes! Okay, now this one," I continue. He works with me for a little longer. Zane comes in and sits next to Lloyd. We keep working. He struggles with a word.

"Zane?" 

"Yes, Lloyd?"

"Can you help me with this word?"

"Of course!" He leans over and helps Lloyd sound it out.

"Oh! It's 'Shirt!'"

We work for a bit longer. Zane leaves at one point and comes back with some macaroni for us. Lloyd eats happily. Zane sets the book aside.

"Lloyd, why didn't you learn how to read?"

"Well, they never taught us at Darkley's. The only ones who learned were the ones who were garmented to be bad. We never learned to read, write, or how to do basic math. We learned some history, but that was mostly the battles and stuff that villains won. I'm not sure how much of that is true though," Lloyd says. 

"Would you like us to teach you?" Zane asks.

"Yes, please! All of it!"

We set to work on a schedule to help us. The others come in, and, by Zane's insistence, got something to eat. The others volunteered to help teach Lloyd. When we assigned subjects, Zane took whatever was left. We felt bad, but he didn't mind. Lloyd was most excited about math next, so Kai helped him. He finished his work. We decided on forty-five-minute time frames so he doesn't get bored or overworked. Lloyd leaned against me.

"Thank you," He says.

"For what?"

"For teaching me," He says simply. I hug him tightly.

"No problem, Lloyd." We sit together in silence for a bit before Zane sends us to bed. Lloyd jumps up.

"Goodnight!" He says quickly.

"Eager, are we?" Kai teases.

"The sooner I go to bed, the sooner I can learn more!" Lloyd says, hugging us goodnight. He hurries to bed, leaving the rest of us to slowly file into our bedrooms. As I lay in the dark, I can't help but smile at the memory of Lloyd's happy and excited face. I fall asleep while making a mental list of easy books for him to try.

Yay! I finished this in under two hours! I really should sleep, so I suppose I will. Bye Bye!