Nightmares

Frick, Lloyd's a kid again. 'Oopsies'. Onto the story!

Jay's P.o.v.

"Jay?" A timid voice asks.

"Hmm?" I ask, groaning awake. I roll over and find Lloyd. He's holding a stuffed animal against his chest. His face is slightly red.

"I had a nightmare." He says, dipping his head. I reach my hand out, gently wiping away a tear that had fallen.

"Come here," I say. He slowly walks forward. "What was it about?" I ask, pulling him up onto the bed next to me.

"Well," He sniffles. I begin to rub his back. "You guys were mad at me, and-" He breaks off with a sob.

"Take your time," I tell him.

"A-And then you guys died. I don't know how. You just, just, fell over." He cries even harder. I cross my legs and pat my lap. He crawls onto my lap.  His head leans against my shoulder, crying harder than I've ever seen him cry.

"Shh, shh. You're okay. It's over now." I say. He hiccups. I rock him slightly.

"I'm sorry I woke you," Lloyd says. 

"Don't worry," I reply, standing up. I hold Lloyd against my chest the way he holds the stuffed animal against his. I walk to the door.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"To do something. But before we go, I need you to know that we should whisper. The others are still asleep." I say. He nods.

I open the door and head to the kitchen. I open the cupboard and hand him a glass. I help him fill it with water. He holds the glass and sips at the water while I slowly walk to Kai's door. His is the closes room to the kitchen. Lloyd watches as I open the door and walk in. Kai's asleep with his blanket pushed down his chest. I lean down and position Lloyd so he can see Kai better. I gently put Lloyd's hand on Kai's chest. His hand moves up and down with every one of Kai's breaths.

"See? Kai is still alive," I say, pulling the blanket over Kai. Lloyd pulls his hand back. We continue down the hall, checking in on everyone. Nya was still awake when we came in.

"Nya? It's two in the morning! What are you doing up?" I ask.

"Really? Wow, time flies by, doesn't it?" She says glancing at the clock. "Why are you up?"

"Lloyd had a nightmare." She nods. Lloyd hugs me.

"What about Zane?" He whispers.

"You wanna go check on Zane now?" He nods. "Okay," Nya kisses Lloyd on the forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Lloyd." She then kisses me. "You too, Jay." I walk out, smiling at Lloyd's blush. 

We creep into Zane's room, the last one. Sensei had already seen us and was fine with what we were doing as long as we went back to bed after. I know Zane is awake, but Lloyd doesn't. Zane has his back to us, but he looked to see who was coming into his room when I opened the door.

"Okay bud, last one. We make sure Zane is okay, then we go back to bed." I say, for Zane's benefit. I cross the room and sit on Zane's bed. 

"But Zane doesn't breathe. How will we know he's alive?" Lloyd asks. I hesitate. Luckily, Zane rolled over, still pretending to be asleep. Lloyd reaches out and takes his hand. When he squeezes it, Zane squeezes back.

"Happy?" I ask. He nods. 

Zane smiles a little as Lloyd drops his hand. I stand and head back to my room. As I shut the door, I mouth 'thank you' to Zane. I walk down the hall, smiling at Lloyd's bright smile. I drop Lloyd onto my bed. He giggles as he bounces. I lay down next to him. He curls up while I pull up the blanket. He smiles into my pajama shirt. I wrap an arm around him, holding him close. We cuddle as we fall asleep. I smile brighter as he whispers, "I love you, Jay," in his sleep. It's the last thing I think about as I fall asleep.

Yay! Another one finished! I have at least ten more stashed away. I will see you at the next one! Bye Bye!