Will You Read Me a Bedtime Story?

This feels rushed, sorry. But enjoy the draft I've been sitting on for over a month, and get ready for some platonic Greenwisp cuddles! Platonic cause Lloyd is a kid. Kid Lloyd is the best. :)

Lloyd's P.o.v.

I sit bolt upright in panic. I had a damn nightmare again. I lay back down, feeling my heart hammering in my chest. Rolling over, I try to steady my breathing, but to no avail. I should talk to someone. Maybe they'll let me sleep with them. I would... but, I don't want to bother them. It's one in the morning and they have training when they get up. Besides, they don't like me.
"Nobody likes me," I whisper. My mind flashes to the pissed off look on Kai's face. Then Cole, who looked... indifferent, and Zane, who looked confused. Jay didn't though, Jay seemed... sad. I'm not sure why. Nya (who's really nice to me) said he was sad for me. She also said that Jay wanted to help me but didn't know how. Maybe he would help me?
Throwing my blanket off of me, I get up and move to the door. I hold my stuffed animal against my chest. The door creaks as I open it, and the floorboards seem much louder than usual. Finally reaching the door to their shared room, I hesitated. The others are in there too. They might wake up and be upset. But... Jay would calm them down, right? I hope so. Taking a deep breath, I push the door open, which is much quieter than mine, but still kinda creaky. I spot Jay on a bottom bunk, thank goodness. I move closer.

"Jay?" I ask softly, suddenly doubting my plan. Not like I had one.

"Hmm. Lloyd?" He asks, rolling over and looking up at me. "Whatcha doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep. And- and I was hoping you could read me a story?"

"I- yeah. Yeah, I can do that." He sits up and stretches slightly. "Let's go to your room. I don't want to wake the others." I quietly follow him back to my room. He has me sit on the bed and I pull the blanket over me. Jay grabs a book off my shelf, turns on my lamp and the light off, and sits next to me. I crawl into his lap and he opens the book. I notice it's a chapter book. Without a word, he opens to the first page. He starts reading to me, and I lean against him.

Jay's P.o.v.

Lloyd leans against me and I almost die of happiness. He yawns into my shirt as I read and I wrap my arm around him. I finish the chapter and before I can start the next one, Lloyd's head falls against my shoulder. He must have fallen asleep. I put a bookmark in and gently lay us down. I quietly turn off the lamp. He snuggles into my side and lets out a soft snore. The way he's cuddling me, it feels so... natural. I feel bad about when we first met. I watch him nuzzle against me. Lloyd had seemed so... distant. Like he was trying avoid any more hurt be not making connections. He would only let Nya try ouch him, and even then not very often. He'd barely eat, and would only come out when Sensei forced him to take a shower. So the fact that he came to me made me so happy. I gently thread my fingers in his hair and he gives a soft smile.

"Goodnight, Lloyd," I whisper pressing a kiss to his temple.

As I fall asleep, I swear I hear him whisper goodnight back.