Bedtime Stories

Alrighty, so, in this one, Lloyd is a kid. Yay! I fricking LOVE kid Lloyd. Like, I could go on and on for HOURS about how much I like kid Lloyd's interactions with each of the Ninjas. I'ma stop now before the whole thing is just me ranting. Now, on to the story!

Kai's P.o.v.

I stretched out on my bed. I couldn't sleep. I glanced at the clock. The bold red numbers glared back. Midnight. Damn. I listen to the quiet sound of footsteps. They stop outside my door. The door cracks open slightly, and someone shuffles in quietly. I roll over. Lloyd is standing next to my bed, holding a stuffed animal.

"Kai?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah?" He looks down at his feet.

"I, uh, had a nightmare." He says, his face turning red from a mixture of embarrassment and crying. I toss back the blanket and reach for him. My hands wrap around his sides and pull him closer. I carefully pick him up and put him next to me on the bed. He lays down and I tuck him in next to me. He curls up next to me. We lay in silence for a few minutes. Finally, I speak up.

"Would you like a bedtime story?" He nods. I grab a chapter book from my shelf. I handed him the book and grabbed a flashlight.

"Don't we need to turn on the light?" I shake my head. 

"We can use a flashlight," I tell him. I take the book and open it to the first page. I begin the story.

--------------------------------------------------Timeskip----------------------------------------------------------

When I finish the second chapter, Lloyd yawns. I put the book away. I roll onto my back and pull him onto my chest. He snuggles up and moves his head so that the top of his head was tucked under my chin. I feel his arms move around me and tighten slightly. I wrap my arms around him. I watch his breathing slow as he falls asleep. He lets out a quiet sigh. It was absolutely adorable. I lightly kiss his forehead. Dropping my head back to the pillow, I fall asleep, my breaths matching Lloyd's. 

Lloyd's P.o.v.

Kai is really nice to me. I thought he wouldn't like me, with me being the Green Ninja and all, but he seems to have taken a liking to me. I tighten my arms around him. I slow my breathing, a trick I learned at Darkley's to help me fall asleep faster. I sigh, it's not working very well. I feel Kai shift underneath me, and for a second I thought he was going to push me off and hit me for hurting him. Then he kisses my forehead and falls asleep. I smile and relax. I drift to sleep, feeling full of happiness.

--------------------------------------------------Timeskip----------------------------------------------------------

Sensei's P.o.v.

I walk around the monastery, trying to find my last two students. The others are already awake. I peek into Kai's room. What I see puts a smile on my face. My two missing students are asleep. Kai is holding Lloyd on his chest, both of them hugging each other. I notice Kai has a smirk on his face, while Lloyd has a full-on smile. The first one I've seen him wear in a long time. I take note of the stuffed animal laying next to him. I shut the door quietly. You know what? I think my students have earned a day off.

Guess where I got my motivation for this one from. I had no motivation, but then I just stared at a book in my room and was like, 'What if Kai read Lloyd a bedtime story?', and this story was born. I really like how Kai and Lloyd interact while he was a kid. Righty, well, Bye Bye!