Chapter one - Fireplace Talk

You sigh very softly as you just got done polishing a beautiful vase that is probably worth more than all the money you've ever seen in your life.

You don't. Want anyone to hear you sigh...last maid that sighed a bit loudly...well? It was seen as disrespect. And everybody knows what happens if you are disrespectful.

The basement.

You walk through the gigantic castle and try to find your way around, still getting sometimes lost after three months of spending your time here.

Just then, you jump as you hear the mansion doors open and slam shut, loud footsteps following right after.

"I have never." You hear a stern, angry voice. "How dare she look down on me! Has she also forgotten that she also fell to the hands of the wretched man thing!?"

You peek around the corner to see Lady Dimitrescu fixing her hat from the cold breeze outside. She seems to be talking to herself.

You remember somewhat of that day. You just remember waking up and seeing all four Lords, along with Mother Miranda, surrounding you. Not only that, but you were laying next to a bloody dead man. They named him Ethan Winters.

Heisenberg had destroyed the contraption the man was holding. The Lord's were sent out to undo what this man had caused. Lady spoke first out of the four.

Flashback

"And what are we to do with the girl?" She asks Mother Miranda.

"Kill her." She said with ease as you sat up quickly, finding sudden strength.

"No! No! Please...please…" You frowned, your voice was hoarse, you were shaking hard. "I-I don't remember anything...please...don't kill me."

All four Lords looked at you with interest as Mother Miranda spoke. "You remember nothing?" She repeats your words.

You shake your head, finding the courage to speak once more. "I...don't know where I am... I don't know what this place is... I don't know...who you all are.... I'm sorry. I'm willing to learn-"

You yell in pain as Heisenberg yanks something off the back of your neck. You feel a surge of pain throughout your entire body.

"Mother Miranda?" Heisenberg shows her a device. Some sort of small chip with wires dangling from it. It looks like a bloody mess. Mother Miranda takes it and crushes it without a second thought, despite all Lord's watching with curious interest.

You feel the back of your neck and notice the warm gooey substance of your blood. A lot of it at that.

"What's your name, young one?" Mother Miranda asks as you look at her with hesitation and confusion

"I... don't know. I don't remember." You admit as if you were just born seconds ago. You shiver as the blood runs down your back and the cool breeze pierces through your body like you were butter with a hot knife.

"I see." More hesitation. Their voices begin to fade a bit as ringing fills your ears. How much blood have you already lost? Surely not that much in such a short time.

As they discuss things, you hear Lady speak, her voice in and out of your hearing range, "I will take her. She will be a maid. If she steps out of line? Well. I will see to it that she never. Steps out of line again."

And you hit the cold ground, everything going black.

End of Flashback

That was three months ago. As you get lost in thought, you fail to notice Lady getting closer to you...and you aren't doing your chores.