Chapter 4 - Vessel

--------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note: Hey, Guy's! Sorry for the late chapter! Life is...well life, haha! I'm super happy to see the support I've received. It really does help me. Hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you for reading! I'll have Chapter 5 posted soon enough!
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You wish to see me, Mother Miranda?"

Her voice was proper as always before she took a seat near the working woman she had addressed upon entering.

"Yes. It's about your daughters." She says simply.

Lady sat on edge now suddenly. Her daughter's....? This was it. The yes or no. The heart warmth or heartbreak.

"My daughter." Mother Miranda starts, "Needs a special vessel. Your daughters, however? Well. They just need a couple flies, right?" She laughed. "No. They need more than that...now."

Lady glared at this comment. How dare she say this to her in such a joking manner. Despite the power difference between the two women, Lady found her voice.

"What are you saying?" She snarled.

Mother Miranda didn't even flinch at this question, even though Lady seemed hostile about it. It was clear that she didn't fear her.

"With this DNA." Mother Miranda showed three vials...each with a name on them...her daughter's name…

"I can bring your daughters back."

Lady quickly rose to this and proceeded near the woman, who hasn't even glanced at her.

"What must we do?" She asks urgently.

"We need a vessel to carry this DNA. And they will be reborn." She nods. "I told you this would be the only way if I collected the DNA"

Lady knew this...and this is why she asked you all those questions. She doesn't trust anyone. Not even you, but you were the one person she had the most trust for that she could give.

She hesitates on this comment, thinking of the possibility.

"And how would we make that possible?" She asks, slowly touching the vials.

Mother Miranda smirked up at her, considering her for, what felt like, minutes.

"We would need a vessel. As I said." She began. "I will perform surgery. And then, all the vessel has to do? Is carry. I assume you are thinking of the Maid?"

Lady looked down at Miranda when she said this. Could she trust Miranda with you…? No. But...for her daughter's? The ones she spent so many years with?

Well. She would do anything for her daughter's.

"Yes. When will you need her?" She asks sternly, making her decision as bold as she could.

Mother Miranda smiled and continued working. "Tell me. Should there be a good reason as to why I should do this for you? You are one of my failures and bringing them back...well, how would that? Benefit me?"

Lady felt herself struggle to retract her claws that were dying to come out. How dare she.

She can't just sit here and get Lady's hopes up just to rip them away and call her a failure. That this is her fault because she wasn't good enough.

"They are my daughters!" She found her voice bellowing. "I deserve to have them just as much as you deserve to have yours!"

This. Struck a nerve in Miranda. She immediately looked up at Lady, her eyes squinted with disgust and malice.
"Are you comparing my worthless creations to my perfect Eva?" She growled lowly as Lady bit her tongue. She needs to control her anger or...else.

"No, Mother Miranda-"

Miranda didn't give her the opportunity to finish her sentence.

"Because, if you were? That would be quite foolish saying that to someone who controls these three's life." She finishes, tipping one of the vials with her fingertip, as if warning that she will let it fall.

Lady felt her hands tremble from anger and anxiety. Miranda was nothing but a heartless witch. Even Lady had standards. Lady tried to help Miranda numerous times with her experiments. Help her get her daughter back. Lost her daughter's in the process and nearly lost her life. And this is how Mother Miranda pays her back.

"I...deeply apologize, Mother Miranda. I would never compare such a thing. I've seemed to let my temper get the best of me. Although, I assure you, my daughters will not just benefit me. They will benefit you. They can be reborn. And grow to be very strong Lady's to join the Lord's." She says. Did she want that for her daughter's? Well. She wanted her daughter's to be successful...but seeing them under Mother Miranda's control right now, with a touch of a fingertip, literally, was enough to make Lady want to vomit.

If sucking up and lying to her would save her daughter's, then so be it. Pride can be put aside.

Mother Miranda sighs and picks up all three vials.

"I want them to be vampires. You? Sort of resemble one. But not entirely. I'm not wasting my time for your vessel to carry each child individually. They will be triplets. Although, I doubt your vessel can handle that." She comments as Lady gulps. If she could carry, she would, but with all the experiments Miranda has done to her body? Well. It wouldn't be possible.

Lady nods and looks at the vials one last time. "May I ask...why Vampires?"

Mother Miranda laughed at this.

"It would be easy to catch intruders, kill them and even capture DNA." She comments as Lady nods again.

"I will do experiments on the vessel to help her with these three vials. So, be here tomorrow with her and don't keep me waiting." Mother Miranda snapped, "I am busy."

"Yes, Mother Miranda." Lady turned on her heels and went to walk away before Miranda's voice was heard once again.

"Oh, and Alcina?" She questioned happily. "If your vessel fights against us tomorrow? I'll be sure that all four. Will die. I don't have time to waste on cowards. See you then."