Chapter 36 - Promise

Hello, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! 🎄🎅🏽🎉🎊 I hope you all have been well and I appreciate and love the support and commenting from you all!!! I have been away for a bit, all good things! I found the time to sit down and update the story!! Thank you all so much for the patience and love 🫂💛 I love you all and wish you the best of days to come, along with the new year! 💛🫂💛🫂💛 I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

--------------------------------

Pacing the around the castle floors felt agonizing.

A fire was erupted in your chest, making you feel as if constant moving was the only relief

Although

A cold snowy winter clouded your mind, making you feel as if any more thought of the matter would surely result in fainting.

She is doing this all over again.

All. Over. Again.

When she left for Miranda... she nearly died.

...

What if now is the same?

And you aren't there.

...

You feel sick.

The castle walls feeling as if they are closing in on you. Every thought screamed in your ears.

"She's going to die", your mind told itself.

She's going to die.

Alcina's P.O.V

This place sure is filthy. No surprise. Look, Mother Miranda's blood is stained on the ground.

What a lovely sight.

Looking around in this...environment with...Donna....Well, it's not the evening I had in mind today.

A lovely dinner with a lovely wine.

Shared with a very lovely person.

That. Was suppose to be today.

Instead? They come into my castle with fear spewing out of their mouths like the little boy and girl they are.

Please.

The mold looks the same as it did the other day and the day before that.

I must admit, I, too, was nervous when they had explained the situation.

I see now that I was foolish.

"This is a big waste of my time." I announced to the doll maker.

She looked back at me, a scar over one of her eyes.

"Do not tell me you grown fond of Heisenburgs words." She said.

Ew! Disgusting!

"How could you suggest such a thing!? No. I do not believe searching for information is a waste of time. I believe the mold hasn't spread. Look about, you silly Girl. It has remained the same." I snapped.

With a sigh, she has the audacity to say "You truly can't see past your ego, can you?"

"How dare you!" My voice boomed off the dark walls, my anger filling my body.

"If you truly don't believe nor see how the mold has gotten worse then-"

But before another word could escape her mouth, there was a defeaning screech.

We both looked in the direction it came before looking at each other.

"What do you suppose that was?" I asked, briskly walking that way.