Chapter 31 - Morning

Waking up to the dawn of a new day was uneasy.

You weren't sure what mood Alcina would be in when she woke.

But you wanted to at least try and make sure it was a good one.

Turning over in the bed, you slowly slid your hands around her sides, your face against her back as you gave the area soft pecks.

This earned you a soft groan... and then a deep breath of relaxation as her body melted into yours, causing you to smile.

"Good morning, Alcina." You whispered softly to her and she stayed quiet, just relaxing under your touch.

The silence was peaceful to you but torture to her.

You had seen her cry.

How could she have been so weak?

She glared at the pillow below her, her mind rushing before she felt a soft kiss behind her ear.

"How are you feeling?" You asked sweetly.

Feeling? She's feeling fine.

No point in-

Her face turned scarlet as your hand found her waist, softly massaging the spot.

Why did that feel oddly good?

That has never been a turn-on for her. It's not your fault either; you didn't know!

"I am alright." She spoke softly back to you.

"Are you truly, though?" You asked, kissing behind her ear again.

... No.

No, she wasn't.

But you need not know that.

She nodded as you continued to enjoy the moment with her, finding this morning blissful and calm so far.

She shuffled a bit in the bed, seeming uneasy.

"So, I think you are very beautiful still and so, so strong." You smiled, kissing the back of her neck. "You have nothing to worry about or hate."

"You act like you understand." She glared at the wall.

This caught you off guard completely.

"I was strong. I could protect my daughters. I could train a maid within five minutes. Now? I cannot do any of those things. I am weak." She said with venom.

You frowned, still rubbing her hip.

"Alcina, I understand that you-"

"You don't understand. Drop it." She snapped as you began to get a bit upset.

You weren't pretending that you understood. You understood why she felt this way.

"I'm not saying that I understand. I'm saying-"

She turned around and glared at you. What a nasty expression directed at you!

"Lillian. I said. Leave it." She snarled at you as you sat up and glared down at her.

"I'm trying to help but I guess I'll just go take care of our daughters." You snapped, flinging the blankets—well, flinging what you could due to the weight—and getting up for the day with tears brimming your eyes.

There was silence.

The only sound was your soft footsteps toward the bathroom.

As you closed the door, Alcina sighed and looked at it, as if longing for something.

Why did she feel this way? What was so bad about being... a human again? 

And why was she pushing you, of all people, away?

You heard the door open after a minute or so, you looking in the mirror as you got ready for the day, wiping the tears from your eyes.

And then you felt it.

You felt Alcina's arms snake around you, pulling your back against her front.

A soft kiss on the head told you how she was feeling but you were still quite upset.

"I am sorry." She spoke softly. "Do not weep."

You sniffled and glared at the sink but relaxed into her.

She was going through a hard time. It's only been a day. Also, she never apologizes...so you know she must truly mean it.

"Alcina, you... I just wish you would trust me when I say that you are the exact same person." You explained as she kissed the side of your head multiple times, you enjoying the small, paced pecks. 

"It is hard." She said it simply as you watched yours and her reflection. God, she was still tall. Taller than you, at least.

"I know." You said simply, turning your head and stealing a kiss from the beautiful woman.

The kiss lasted for a good minute or so. It was very passionate, something you are sure she needed.

"I was thinking." You smiled when the kiss broke, but the smile faltered. Why was she smiling like that?

"Go on." She let out a soft laugh.

You raised your eyebrow and looked in the mirror, noticing she kept glancing at your lips.

"Alcina!" You whined as you tried to wipe the red lipstick stains off your lips.

This made her laugh. She was clearly happy with her art....wait...

You quickly turned your head and noticed the lipstick stains on your head, ear, and behind the ear, slightly attacking the neck.

"Alcina!!" You whined harder as she still laughed.

You loved the laugh, but...right now?

Yeah.

You still loved it.

You smirked at her through the mirror and turned to face her, grinning as she laughed.

"Anyway! As I was saying." You begin, her calming from her amusement and locking eyes with you.

With a hard blush, you spoke.

"With your change? If you really wanted to....I think we could leave this village."

She stared at you.

Leave the village?

"You said you wanted to but you couldn't because-" She cut you off.

"I know what I said." She explained before looking at herself in the mirror. 

She took a minute to process this, you suppose wondering if you were right.

And before you could say another word, she kissed your head once more, causing you to turn red.

"We should go take care of our daughters." She smirked.

You blushed and nodded, knowing she would probably need time to think about this- why was she laughing?

Immediately, you glared at her, knowing there was a lipstick stain on your forehead now.

But, for her amusement, you looked into the mirror and exclaimed her name once more, causing her to laugh a bit harder for you.

You were right.

Today? You both started off the morning well.