Chapter 32 - Lily Flower

After lunch this very morning, you rest in a nice, lukewarm bath.

Alcina's genetics had changed so quickly. Overnight, it seemed.

... And it seems like your genetics? Instead, are taking a fortnight to return to normal straight away.

You feel sick. Horribly sick.

You feel like you are boiling and freezing at the same time. Your stomach is turning, but you are starving. Nauseated but thirsty

It's horrendous.

"May I enter?" The voice and light knock scared you. It was Alcina.

She seemed to respect your privacy, especially since her change.

You wonder if this was because of a chemical imbalance from the mutation recovering itself...or if she personally wanted to change herself.

With a light smile on your lips, you spoke.

"You may."

She opened the door and her eyes met yours, her facial expression softened when doing so.

"How are you feeling?" She asks but before you could answer, you jumped at the screaming that came from outside the door, Alcina shutting the door quickly...and loudly before sighing, locking it in the process.

"The girls have been a terror." She smiled weakly at you.

"Oh, so that's why you're visiting me." You teased, "I see."

She laughed at this, her smile beaming broadly as she made her way to the bathtub.

"Yes, if that's your assumption, we shall stick to it." She teased back before softly cupping your cheek, leaning close to you before the gap between your lips was filled.

She softly kissed you as you smiled, beginning to blush as her kisses were nice and slow, romantic.

"What brings you in then?" You whispered through the kisses.

"My Lillian. I must see what she would like, no?" She smirked but you gasped as your head gave itself a sharp pain, forcing you to break the kiss and grip it.

"Lillian?" You heard the name muffle and drown, as if Alcina herself were underwater. It was a slow, drowning sound, enough to make anyone's head spin.

And as you opened your eyes, you were standing outside, the breath from your lungs visible against the cold air.

"What would you like?"

Your eyes snapped to a man in the back of, what seemed to be, a cart filled with knickknacks. No words left you but the man continued, as if you were talking.

"Ah, this? It can be improved!" He said it enthusiastically, showing you a gun.

"N-no..no, thank you, where's Lady-" Interrupted.

"Oh, I see, not enough money for upgrades, mm? Well, if you are going up to the castle, I would recommend you come back before...things get a bit too serious."

His voice was in a hushed tone. A warning. As if he knew something you didn't.

He hands you the gun, but despite not grabbing it, it disappears, as if you did. As if you took it from his hands.

"Be safe now." He gave you an uncomfortable wink before you stepped back.

What the hell was going on?

"Y/N!" You jumped.

A man rushes to you, panting.

"Where have you been!? I've been looking all over this village for you! We don't have time to waste! Come on." He snapped in your face, causing you to back up.

"I...what?" You asked, confused even more.

"Yeah, I know. And they will find us and keep chasing us until we go." He snaps, as if you told him something. "You said you worked for this crazy bitch before, right? You have to know where Rose is then."

"Lady Dimitrescu doesn't like traitors." The salesman said in a gleaming voice. "I would take caution-"

"You stay out of this!!" The man yelled. If something was chasing you both? That just gave away the location. The yell and the scared crows flying away.

"We are going to get my Rose back. Y/N. Are you in? Or out?" He glared.

With his hand on his hip, where a gun had rested? It seemed like you had no choice.

You gasped hard.

Very hard.

You began coughing as water moved around you in the bath, the feeling of soft hands on your shoulders.

"Lillian, are you alright!?"

It was Alcina.

You coughed more but once you settled, you stared at her.

Were you wet from the bath? Or was sweat coating your forehead and neck?

She stared at you, concern painted on her face as your chest raised and fell rapidly.

"You passed out, darling. Are you alright?" She spoke again.

You made eye contact with her, panting softly, trying to find your voice as it had seemingly disappeared.

Worked for her? Traitor?...The gun...

"Lillian-"

"Y/n."

She watched you closely as the name escaped your lips.

"Y/n." You repeated. "That's...that's my name."

Panting softly still, you watched the confusion on her face as she rubbed your shoulders.

"How did you come to this conclusion?" She asked, curious.

You looked down at the water before taking a handful of it and splashing your face, trying to calm down and return to this reality.

"I...I have these visions or...memories, Alcina." You say, giving her a confused look. "I know they are real. I've been there..where wherever it takes place. It feels so real." You explained.

There was silence before you heard the water begin to drain.

"Perhaps it's from your recovery. Come. Let us get you out of the bath." She spoke hastily.

"No, Alcina, they are real!" You whined, desperate for her to listen. Desperate for the memories to end.

The feeling they give you, the toll they take on your health.

The only person you can talk to about it seems to not believe you.

"Lillian, I-"

"It's Y/n." You glared at her, wishing she would take this seriously.

She sighed.

"Yes. Well. Y/n. Let us go rest somewhere more comfortable." She explained.

In no time at all, you were wrapped in a towel, dry but covered by it and the blankets offered to you.

Alcina talks to a maid about your health and how you deserve the upmost kept service. To be waited on hand and foot.

You blocked out the threats Alcina gave her though.

When she had made her way back to the bed, you softly glared at her, her raising her eyebrow.

"Yes?"

You glared at the pillow now, seemingly pouting.

She laughed at this as she lay with you, leaning over and kissing your cheek.

"I adore you, Y/n."

You turned pink.

She said it. Your name.

"You...believe me?" You asked softly.

"Well, if that was some act you pulled in the washroom, Bravo." She smirked, "But, it looked quite real to me."

You smiled at her as she caressed your face softly.

"Y/n, mm? What a perfect name for my little lily flower." She smirked.