Chapter 13 - Darling

Alcina's P.O.V

Her lips were soft. They had a hint of my blood on them still.

God, that drives me insane.

I want her to taste me. My blood. All that I am. And I am dying to taste her.

Yet, there she is, nurturing my daughter's as they make tiny noises.

It's as if I don't exist to her anymore. The woman who saved her life. How disrespectful.

She knows to stay in bed. I demanded it.

"Come to bed." My voice came out cold and stern.

She looks back at me with those...adorable eyes.

She is so tiny compared to my height. Many humans are.

It makes her even more...adorable.

"I'm feeding Cassandra-" She began with her excuses.

"Oh, and I suppose you cannot sit on a bed while doing so?" I snapped. The nerve of her.

She ponders this before turning fully, revealing to me her beautiful breast that is nurturing my child.

She is more than beautiful when she nurses. I absolutely adore the view.

As she sits on the bed, I relax and watch her, content.

"Lady....about our fight-?" She began

"Be quiet." I immediately say to her.

She does so and rubs Cassandra's tiny back as she nurses calmly.

"Lady, you can't just kill whoever I-" She starts.

The audacity.

"Did I not say be quiet!?" I snarled now, beyond irritated with her smart mouth.

"You do not tell me what I can and cannot do. I saved you. Both times in the cold. I will do all possible to protect you from anything. I've now made that clear." I try to calm down as she meets my eyes with a nasty little expression on her face.

"She was my friend, My Lady-"

"I am your only friend!"

The words came out before I could stop them, and it seemed more weighed on my chest as I continued.

"You do not NEED anybody other than I! I am the only one who cares! I am the only one to trust! I am everything!" I finished with venom behind my words. I'm done being nice. She still has a place. And she needs to learn it.

The room is quiet, my daughters seemingly used to my snapping by now as I pant slightly, standing up.

"I will deem who is and isn't your friend." I say sternly, meeting her eyes. "And I thought I told you to call me Alcina." I finish with a growl before going to my balcony to smoke.

She stresses me out so badly. She doesn't understand. How foolish can a girl be?

I am not hard to please.

She is making it hard for herself.

Your P.O.V

I listen to the balcony door close as I nurse. Alcina has definitely changed.

She cares for me and who I am around?

I sigh and watch her silhouette pace the balcony floor as I relax.

I'm safe. I'm okay.

Did Mother Miranda really mean what she had said? Was there some sort of deal?

Is Alcina hiding it from me?

...

No, she genuinely seemed very upset when I told her.

I shiver at the thought of the pain Mother Miranda had put me through.

And then the snow.

The ice-cold snow.

My thoughts are interrupted as Alcina comes in from the night's cold air, her quickly putting the remainder of her cigarette in the fireplace.

"I was not able to see all wounds inflicted on you. Do you remember them?" She asks abruptly.

"... No... No, I don't remember. I just remember the feeling." You stated.

This was true. You could not rack your brain enough to tell you all that had happened.

"Mother Miranda has had it out for you since I took you in." She growls, pacing again as her fists ball.

"She should know to keep her hands off other people's property."

You turn scarlet at this comment. You....like the protective side of her. It's...well, it's something.

"She should know that the moment you came to my castle. Under my care. She could no longer make decisions based upon your health nor body. Especially. Without my consent." She snarls as I listen.

She gets like this when angry. Rambling and pacing. You find it adorable, honestly.

"Alcina?" You interrupted timidly as she stops pacing and looks in your direction.

"Why....exactly did Mother Miranda had it out for me in the first place?"

Silence.

She looks at the floor she stands upon and takes a very long moment to reply, the only sound being the crackling fireplace.

"You..." She tries to begin before shaking her head.

"You need not know that." She states simply.

It didn't sound as if she was going to finish her first sentence like that.

You?

You did something? But something to have Mother Miranda out for you?

You are...or were just a fragile human.

When she had attacked you? Wouldn't she be more timid to the idea, considering your mutation?

And if you truly do have a mutation? Why do you not feel any different? Let alone really look any different?

"All you need to know is I will take care of this." She says, beginning to walk again.

"How exactly?" I ask delicately

Again, silence, as she put her outside black hat on, fixing it in the mirror before turning and smirking my way.

God, she is so beautiful-

"By taking care of her." She says maliciously. "I will return, do not stay up too late now, Darling."