Chapter 10 - Just Business

You groan as it's too early in the morning, it being dark outside.

Daniela is crying and even trying to scream in her bassinet as the other two begin to whine and wake up.

You stand from Lady's bed and pick Daniela up to calm her down, softly bouncing her but flinching hard as you didn't notice Lady was awake in her chair.

"I was about to tend to her. You got up fairly quickly." She notes, sipping her wine.

"Alcina...I thought you said Daniela was the nice and calm one..." You whine slightly as Daniela has been the handful of them all.

Alcina laughs and smiles brightly at her daughter that you are holding.

"Yes, yes, and it wasn't a lie either. She always has been the nice and calm one...when eating." She smirks playfully as you blush and shake your head happily at her teasing.

You smile down at Daniela as she begins calming down, you loving the little mittens on her hands to keep her from hurting herself as she rediscovers what life is.

"Wait...They are vampire babies, right?" You ask Alcina.

"But of course." She replies simply.

You hesitate. You don't want to sound dumb but you are also very confused.

"Don't they...need to drink blood as well? Or is that just in the stories..?" You ask timidly, your cheeks turning a bright red.

Alcina laughs again before smirking at you directly, your eyes connecting with her bright yellow ones.

"As I've explained. Mother Miranda did modifications on you as well. I found myself asking the same question but when you slept while nursing? I notice your breast were bleeding." She explains as you listen closely.

"Upon further...inspection. I noticed that you were not only developing milk but blood as well alongside with it. Rich blood. Better than some of my wines." She smirks as you turn scarlet. Did she taste it? You knew she drank blood but would she really...do that?

"How...do you know that?" You ask even more timidly.

"Well, I must know what my daughters are drinking." She smirked at you. "Do not worry, I did not just latch onto one of your breasts" She chuckles "I simply grazed my finger against the remaining and had a small taste. That is all."

Oh, God, she really did taste it. It makes sense in her defense. Making sure the babies are okay but for some reason, the idea of her doing that turns you more red by the second.

You slowly set Daniela down as she falls back asleep, the other two already calmed down from the crying earlier.

You are in love. Look at these cute little triplets. They are absolutely perfect. Cute pudgy cheeks, little black hair, tiny fingers, and little toes. You love everything about them.

Then it hits you.

It's so early... What is Alcina doing up?

Looking back at her, you notice she is very silent...oddly silent, even.

She clearly just got out of the bath as her hair was still damp. She smelled wonderful. Like a rose field.

"May I ask why your eyes are luring on me?" She smirks, meeting your eyes as you turn scarlet.

"Oh...I was just wondering what you were doing up so early in the morning, My Lady- I mean...Alcina?" You state.

She chuckles and brings the glass of wine to her lips, taking a small sip.

"I was just...mm...taking care of some business, is all." She smirks at you.

Business? At this time?

"What business?" You ask, curious and a bit worried about what this means.

"Do not ask such a question. That is my business and my business alone." She glares, you not stepping any further past the line.

The glare was enough to turn anyone to stone.

"Needless to say? We will not have any more senseless distractions when caring for my daughters."

You stare for a moment before looking back at the babies, smiling at their sleeping faces.

Suddenly, your stomach growls and you blush deeply as Lady laughs, grabbing her phone.

"I will get a maid to bring you a late-night snack. Light one, of course. Don't want your sleep to be ruined." She smirks as you blush.

God, you just want her to hold you... she is back and forth with you and you can't tell if she thinks of you as a maid or if she thinks of you as more.

You pray more.

You need more.

A maid comes up to give you food soon as you smile, talking to her and raising your eyebrow at her.

"Where's Rosanne? She usually always serves me." You giggle, Rosanne being the maid who had helped you up the stairs the day Lady was being cold to you.

The maid's face grows pale as she looks at you, your tray in your hands.

"You may leave," Alcina says with a wave of her hand, not even looking toward you both.

The maid stares at you before slowly exiting and as the door clicks shut, you stare at it and where the maid used to stand.

Your heart pounds in your ears, your body frozen.

Now you know what Alcina was doing up so late.

Could she really have? Rosanne was your friend. She helped you so much and made your days better.

Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of shuffling behind you....Alcina...No, that monster, standing from her chair. Her cold voice broke the silence.

"I told you to leave. It. Alone."