Chapter 26 - Broke

You awoke in bed, drool coating the pillow your head once laid.

God, your hips are killing you...

You blush hard at the drool and quickly wipe it off your mouth before noticing leering eyes.

"Mommy!!" Cassandra squealed, raising her arms as if asking you to pick her up.

You turn a deeper shade of scarlet, covering more of your chest, as you notice you are still naked...and the sleeping Goddess next to you is as well.

"Hey, Baby!" You whisper, looking around before seeing your bedroom door propped open. "What...how did you get in here?" You smiled as she giggled.

You smiled lovingly at her, picking her up as she snuggled into the blankets, seeming to not want to be under them with you. Just against you.

"I'm sorry."

You flinch hard as a maid had showed at the door. The one that had flirted with you prior.

"I was changing her this morning and...she's a tad bit fast." She smiles as you blush and look down at her, smiling as you kissed her small head, having beautiful jet black hair.

"Are the others still asleep?" You asked as she nods.

"Cassandra is fine here. If my daughters are still resting? They can still rest. Breakfast can be served later." You spoke as you rubbed Cassandra's back.

"Yes, My Lady."

As she left, you glared.

You still don't like her.

You didn't like the idea of her watching the kids in the morning. But Alcina sees no threat.

Kissing Cassandra's head again, you relaxed as she clung to you, scrunching her little legs up to her belly as she gets comfortable.

"That's my babygirl, all tuckered out just from a little walk down the hall." You giggled, playing with her hair happily.

You don't remember when, but at some point, you had dozed off, feeling the sun's warmth through the curtains.

Upon waking up once again, you gasped as Alcina kissed your neck, making you giggle.

"Alcina, Cassandra is right here!" You whispered before putting your hand in her hair....then quickly releasing it.

You yanked back as that wasn't the feeling of Alcina's soft hair.

The maid.

She's dead.

You go to wake Alcina but...she is gone.-

"The Lady was summoned by a woman asking about a Miss. Angie. It seems to be just you and me...and your daughter." She chuckled as you glared.

"Why do you keep performing such acts on me?" You snarled. "Especially in front of my daughter."

"You are cute. I like that." She smirked as you scoot back a bit, feeling a tad bit uncomfortable.

"I am taken. Clearly. So, what makes you believe you could just...do those things?" You asked, disgusted.

"Well..." She began and raised her eyebrow at you. "You want to know your past, don't you? Everything that everyone is hiding from you?"

You blinked.

How would she know? Does everyone else know and you are just left out of the blue?

Perhaps you are a threat...and people may have been warned.