Chapter 4.5 - Anew

__________________
Warning: As the chapter indicates, it is in between 4 and 5. This chapter is very short for that reason. This is so the next chapter can be the starting of anew. This also gives me time to adjust Chapter 5 to how I see fit before posting. I wanted to fill in the gap before just jumping to it. Thank you!
__________________

You hear the castle doors slam. Yep. You feared this would happen.

With heavy footsteps, you see Lady march into the living space, next to the grand staircase.

"You. Fetch me my wine. I am far from hungry. *She snaps at you as you nod quickly, watching her march to her room.

The meeting must not have gone very well. This upsets you greatly. Not only does it mean Lady is in a bad mood although, it means she won't see her daughters again.

You walk carefully with the heavy bottle, making your way to her room, and before you can knock, she waves you in as the door was cracked open.

Shutting the door with your foot, you make your way over to her seat and begin to fill her glass, only stopping when she signals.

It's quiet...very quiet. You listen to her sips and the crackle in her fireplace before she finally speaks.

"You hold my three daughters lives in your hands, and I won't let you ruin that."

You froze at this statement. Excuse me? You didn't even know she had daughters. How on Earth could their lives be in your hands.

"You will follow me to Mother Miranda's tomorrow. I have another meeting, but you need to accompany me. No excuses. You will be on your best behavior. Mother Miranda does not like troublemakers." She explains.

Oh, you get it! The meeting tomorrow! If you misbehave? Mother Miranda will rethink her decision. That's what Lady means by her daughter's lives being in your hands. At least, that's how you take this.

But why does she need you to accompany her?

You don't question this as you wait to pour more before Lady sighs.

"Did you finish the chores I gave you today?" She asks suddenly and you nod.

"Yes, My Lady." Was your simple reply.

"And as for dusting the spare rooms?" She asks.

"That as well. Yes, My Lady." You state.

Again, a moment of silence. The clicking of her nails seem unbearable as tension forms before she finally breaks it again.

"You are an asset to me. But tomorrow? You will be an even bigger one. More important. More worthy. More." She states boldly.

"Tomorrow? You will begin anew. Do not keep me waiting. Do not disappoint me. Just listen. Simple enough, mm?" She asks.

"Yes, My Lady." You nod.

Before you know it, the next day comes sooner than later as you shudder at the cold room you seem to be in. A good deal of medical equipment. And there she is, Mother Miranda.

"I see you made it early. Good. While I prepare, you can rest on the table." She says, and you look at Lady for permission, but Lady is far from looking at you. She is looking at tubes that are near the table.

You nod and slowly lay down on the cold table as you hear clicking sounds of medical instruments being picked up and sat down. Your blood felt icy cold but unbearably hot at the same time.

The room was deafening quiet, but the tension made it feel like an unbearable buzzing sound was constantly playing.

You felt scared, tense, unsure and worried.

Lady wouldn't let anything happen to you, right? No, no, she already said if she wanted to kill you, she would do it. Not Mother Miranda.

But you still can't help but feel uneasy.

Taking a deep breath, you remember what Lady had said. You have to be on your best behavior. So, this means no talking unless spoke to and more.

Before any more thoughts could swarm your mind, you hear a voice.

"Now. This may sting a bit-" And that's the last thing you hear before everything goes black.