Chapter 7 - Jealousy and Time

After your...intimate encounter... Lady has been acting a tad bit different from what you remember.

She is more touchy, vocal and aware of you. Perhaps it's because it's been a month since then and the babies could be coming at any moment.

You aren't exactly sure.

As Lady is off, you assuming she is doing her Lord things at a meeting, you smile as you talk to a maid who just served you lunch.

"How are you feeling?" She smiles as you take a deep breath, relaxing.

"Exhausted. I cannot wait until this is over with" You giggled as she laughs softly.

"Have they kicked at all?" She asks a bit excitedly. Since the pregnancy, whenever Lady is gone, the maids are all over you, asking if you are okay and if they can do anything to help, even keep you company.

You know this was an order from Alcina.

Alcina...what a pretty name. You smile and look at the maid

"No, I'm actually shocked, too. I can feel moving though...makes me sick sometimes." You smile weakly as the maid giggles.

"Maybe there isn't enough room to kick." She jokes, laughing more as you laugh.

You hear the doors to the dining room open, and you smile as you see Lady come in, but she doesn't return it. This catches you off guard.

"Are you finished eating?" She asks boldly

"Uhm, no, I actually just started-" But it seemed as though Lady didn't care what you had to say as she completely interrupts you.

"You will enjoy it in my chambers. Come." She says as the Maid collects your food and gets ready to follow.

"Uh...My Lady...my legs are...kind of tired. It's hard for me to go up those stairs-" Again, interrupted.

"Did I ask? I do not care about your silly little excuses. Come. Now."

You frown deeply and slowly stand up, your hand on your bump to try and support yourself a bit more.

It feels like you are taking forever to get up these long stairs as you pant, the maid resting her hand on your back as Lady stares down at you, seeming unpleased.

Tears pricked your eyes. Why was she being so cold to you suddenly? Is it because you are close? And once the babies come, that truly is it?

Back to being a just a maid? You've fallen in love with her touch, you can't imagine going without it.

As you finally reach the top, you make your way to her chambers.

It feels like an eternity before you are finally able to collapse on the bed, the tray of food next to you on a stand as the maid is excused, it being just you... and her.

"How were my maids when I was gone?" She asks, reapplying lipstick in her mirror.

"They were nic-" Again...interrupted..

"Did they touch you?" She asks sternly.

"What?" You ask, trying to sit up and doing so after a bit of struggle.

"You heard me. Did they touch you?" She growls, looking at you through the vanity.

You hesitated. Why did it matter if they touched you? They are supposed to help you.

"Well, she just helped me up the stairs with her hand on my back, but that's it, My Lady." You blush.

Lady did not seem happy with this answer before turning and facing you.

"They are to not touch you without my permission. And why were you laughing so hard with that thing?" She asks, crossing her arms.

Thing? What thing? The maid?

"She just made a small joke-"

"Oh, so, small jokes get big laughs, I see. I will monitor who is to contact you and who is not. Clearly, traitors live everywhere. And they will be dealt with." She says, looking away from you.

Was she... jealous? Oh, that is adorable. Until you realize she is mad. That's... not so adorable but dangerous.

"My Lady...is everything alright?" You ask as she scoffs

"Yes. Just perfect." She grumbles.

You hesitate a bit before finally saying it.

"Are you jealous?"

This gets a big reaction. She looks at you immediately, seeming very unhappy

"Jealous!? Jealous of what!? That filthy maid!? Ha, no one will be able to be jealous of her after I take care of the matter." She glares to the side, you knowing she is envisioning what she wants to do to her.

"She's...my friend-" You started

"Friend!? Oh! She's your friend now! That's even better! Didn't know we made friends here." She snarls, turning back to her vanity.

"You do not need anyone else but me and my girls. Correct?" She asks, glaring back at you.

"...Well, yeah, but-"

"You do not need anyone else but me and my girls! Correct!?" She snaps as you blush hard, nodding gently.

"Yes, My Lady..." You gulp, this seeming to calm her down.

"Nobody cares for you like I do. Everyone and anyone could hurt you. Don't you dare trust a soul without my permission. Especially living in this type of village." She says, sitting in her chair and watching the warm fire.

She had a point. This village isn't exactly trustworthy but...you still can't help but think she is just jealous.

I mean, she goes on about how people could hurt you, as if she didn't threaten you months ago for getting lost in the castle.

You slowly munch on your food, enjoying it as Alcina stays quiet, the room filled with a warm and comfortable silence until you whine a bit, a sharp pain hitting you.

What the fuck? Do vampire babies make you hurt randomly? Sometimes, they seem to have their moments of hurting you, Alcina always concerned as she turns and looks at you.

She stops what she is about to say as you both stare at the puddle of liquid on the ground, coming from between your legs.

It was time.