Chapter 12 - Mine

Alcina's P.O.V

I watch the maid lay in my bed, her skin nice and warm compared to what it was.

I need her to heal. To get better.

Obviously, for my daughters.

...

I sigh hard as I rest my head against my pillow, finding myself staring at the poor thing and longing for her eyes to open.

I wish to see her eyes so badly.

Softly humming, I run my fingers up and down her body, feeling her body's warmth beneath my touch, not wanting any spot to go unnoticed.

She needs to be warm. She is fragile. More fragile than I.

I listen to my daughter coo and the soft breath of their.... Mother.

She is their mother as well.

Only a fool would deny that. She is more than worthy to be called their mother.

My daughters shall be protected more than what they already are...since I seemed to have failed.

I can't lose anymore...loved ones.

And yet, seeing my maid in such a state? Hurt me. The thought of her dying?

Well. I refuse to think of that.

It's clear she is more important to me than the rest. But in what way?

What way could my body possibly want with her?

Is it just the devotion and respect from her carrying my daughters?

No, no, although that is there, it is not the main reason.

Perhaps it's because she was there when I had nobody. And she gave me everything back.

Yes. I firmly believe that. I am fully grateful, although, I've been grateful before.

It doesn't feel this strong.

It doesn't feel like it would be driving me up the wall day by day.

I can't be without her. It's like she is my supply of air. My way of life.

Without her?

Well, I feel as if I'm nothing.

Just like I would feel without my daughters.

Do I view her as one of my daughters?

No, no. That's not it, either.

I roughly lay my head back into my pillow's soft surface, my eyes staring above.

Could it really be that I care about her more than I had anticipated?

What if she never woke up, Alcina?

...

She has to wake up.

As if reading my mind, I feel her hand move against mine, me being unaware that I was even holding her hand.

My head quickly snaps in her direction and my eyes scan her face as her body shuffles.

I can't find my voice, as if I'm waiting for her to fully wake up before I bombard her with questions.

Her eyes slowly make their way to mine once she opens them, a look of worry upon her face.

"What happened?"

That's the only words that could escape my mouth as she stared at me.

I see tears fill her beautiful eyes as she begins to shiver, fear overtaking her body.

"Mother Miranda...found me walking in the snow." She began to explain, her voice quiet.

"My purpose was used up. I gave you and her your daughters. I'm just a distraction. This was the deal." She said as I stared. Deal?

There was no deal!? She dare touch my property and put unholy words in my mouth!?

My maid was still near my castle. This means Mother Miranda was coming to pay us a visit.

She didn't even inform me of her plan with my maid. She didn't tell me what she had planned to do.

Furthermore, she left her outside to die in the cold.

And I will do the same to her.

Refraining my claws from coming out, I stare at my Maid. She is beautiful. Fragile. Small.

I'll protect her no matter what.

And I will shred. Mother Miranda for even thinking she could lay her hands on such a beautiful creature. My beautiful creature.

"I will kill her." I state boldly to my maid, her staring at me.

"There was no deal, and it's absolutely ridiculous that she would say such a thing." I snarl. "I'm just glad I made it to you in time. I don't know what I would've done if..."

My words trailed off. I've said too much.

I look at her face, finding myself wiping her tears.

I love her.

That's this feeling.

Love.

She is to never leave my sights again. She only needs me and my daughters. That. Is it.

And once I take care of Mother Miranda? We can live our life. A life we can enjoy.

Perhaps move elsewhere? The girls could join private schools and I could make my lovely little lady some coffee in the morning.

A simple life.

Perhaps even get married, the possibilities are endless.

"Alcina?" My maid's voice grabs me from my thoughts

"My body hurts...really bad." She told me as I stare.

Look at me. Fantasizing our future like a little girl again.

I must heal her. Then take care of Mother Miranda.

It's a future worth fighting for.

"I will help you with any pain you feel." I assure her, softly massaging her shoulders

"I will protect you from any threat." I explain to her as she looks at me.

I watch her eyes for a moment as it's quiet, a tension growing between us.

"I will always. Fight for what's mine." I say to her.

That blush on her face looks quite adorable.

And, as if my body moved for itself, I find myself softly connecting our lips.

Electricity courses through my body as we share an actual, meaningful kiss.

I will murder for her. I will protect her. Whatever it costs. Whatever it takes.

I'll do anything for her. This is love. This? Is mine.

And God help anyone if they decide to touch what's mine.