Chapter 14 - Lover

You lay in bed, staring above as you clench your fist occasionally.

You want to follow. You want to help Alcina.

What if something happened to her..?

You couldn't bare the idea...but she wants you to stay here, with the babies.

Why?

If Mother Miranda had it out for you in the first place...? You should be more threatening now...right?

It just made more sense.

Two against one? Sure, a bit unfair but...when the one tried to kill you for no good reason? It's defense.

You sigh hard at this thought and grip her pillow tightly.

Why, Alcina..?

If anything happened to her...

Alcina's P.O.V

I walk briskly to Mother Miranda's....living conditions, seeing her at her lab table as usual.

"I have matters to discuss. And it cannot wait." I say boldly, glaring at the back of her head.

"Well, I am very busy. Although, what weighs on your mind?" She says, me easily hearing a teasing smirk in her voice. She knows what weighs. She knows the anger she caused me.

"What are you doing coming to my castle and attempting to murder my maids!?" I snapped, feeling my body fuel with anger.

She laughed at this. As if some sort of joke.

My blood rushes as she tinkers with objects on the table, barely giving this subject the light of day.

She'll learn what happens when you play with me.

"Please, I did not attempt to kill your maids. I killed one. A specific one. One that we both know as a threat." She explained, turning to face me.

She doesn't know I saved her.

...

Perhaps I am to keep it that way.

"In what way was she posing any sort of threat to you. She was my best maid. Top of all." I say, trying to sound as if...my maid doesn't deeply...stick to my mind.

"Well, not yet. But due time? I realized the mutation had given her very odd side effects." She notes.

I hesitate. Side effects? Like...her experiments had on my body?

"Side effects?" I ask, wanting more of an answer than that.

"Her blood was contagious." She continues, "One drop of her blood on a tongue would make anyone bend to her will. Hypnotic, almost. Imagine her finding this out and giving out blood samples to the village"

She laughed at this statement.

She feared my maid overthrowing her?

What nonsense.

She believes I could not stop her if that were to happen-?

... Would I want to stop that from happening?

No, no, quit being silly, Alcina.

She deserves more than...this.
"My maid did not seek power-" I begin

"Yet." She smirked at me. "Eventually...maids tend to get tired of being...mm, pushed around. Better safe than sorry."

I stare, confused. How would my maid even find this information out!? She has no clue! She was innocent, dammit!