Chapter 29 - Not You

You find yourself in a dimly lit and foggy forest, leaves crunching below your feet as you try to remain silent.

Alright. Just get to Donna and get back to the castle. Simple.

The walk was cold and terrifying. You couldn't see anyone or anything around you, but... something was definitely watching you.

Sniffling from the cold air on your face, you see the house after passing numerous graves that made you feel more uneasy than you already were.

"Donna?" You hollered lightly, knocking.

There was silence, but soon filling the silence were the sounds of light footsteps and the door creaking open.

"Yes?"

"You told me if I helped you, you would tell me what happened." You stated boldly, not wasting any time.

If Alcina found out about this? She would murder you.

You left the castle this morning, silently, as she slept. You must get back quickly.

She stared at you, her eyes piercing a hole through the veil she wore.

"I suppose you're right. I just got done making tea-"

"No tea. Thank you." You walked in, her holding the door open for you.

Please, she drugged you last time!

...And yet, here you are. At her house.

"I was just about to start my repairs on Angie, although I am feeling unwell today. Heisenburg was just here moments ago, he, too, was unwell. Does Lady feel well?"

You glanced at her, recalling last night's events.

"Yes. She is feeling just fine-"

"There's a ring on your finger-" she began, making you turn scarlet.

"Okay, Donna. Tell me. I'm done playing around. Nobody is telling me anything. I must be going soon."

She stared again. It made you more uneasy.

The atmosphere in her house was a creepy calm. Creaking boards showed the house's age, as did the interior design.

It was definitely a house that was once cozy...until something happened.

Time had not been treating it well.

"That man you saw dead, next to you. His daughter and wife got away. Mother Miranda wanted his daughter. Although, I'm sure if you asked Alcina about this, she would give you information-"

"What about me!?" You whined, "Mother Miranda is dead! I don't care about her motives! What about me!? What did I do!?" You asked urgently.

She seemed to understand the urgency of the situation, that or, she was just as in a hurry as you were.

"You worked with Ethan. You were his partner. You and a man named Chris. You broke into Lady's house. You were responsible for one of the daughter's deaths. I'm surprised she hasn't killed you."

You stare.

What?

She had to be joking..

She said it so calmly!

"No, for some reason, despite nearly wiping this village from existence, Alcina wanted to keep you. Said she would keep a close eye on you. She didn't have any maids at the time. And you have lost your memory. If you ask any Lord around, we knew she had grown soft around you." She stated before continuing, "Perhaps you should be careful with the information you want to know."