Chapter 28 - All Along

Hey, guys! This chapter is definitely longer than my usual and honestly, it's because of the heartwarming comments you all have left me previously. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing but I am as happy as ever and taking it day by day. This chapter maybe sappy but I guess my emotions leaked into it a bit? Haha! Either way, I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Bless 🫂🤍🫂

--------------------------------------------------------------

After your shower in another bathroom around this giant Castle, you walked back to both of your room and rested on the bed.

You could hear Alcina in the bath still, it was one of the times she enjoyed most.

Meanwhile? You make the plan.

Once Alcina falls asleep, you have to talk to Donna.

There is nothing else you can do.

Alcina won't let you see her for any reason at all.

Think about Alcina and her cold nature to your questions, you hear the bathroom door open.

There she is. Her heels are off and placed nicely to the side, making her lose a foot of her height.

Nevertheless, she still remains 8 foot tall. 9 foot in heels.

She walks to one of her stands, in a beautiful silk gown the barely covers her midthighs.

You wonder if the reason she wears gowns all the time, essentially, is because of her height.

You know she is old fashioned, sure, but you are also sure that, whoever made her dresses? They found it easiest to make gowns and dresses for her entirely.

Suddenly, you jump a bit as you hear a scratch like noise, leading you to believe that Alcina had her claws out...but then gentle music began to play.

Very gentle music. The sound of it was old. A soft humming sound barely noticeable over the piano keys.

It was a beautiful song, the woman singing about love and how she seemed to have been cursed to never find it.

About how she had missed any of her chances and it was all gone now.

Why would Alcina turn on such a somber song? You didn't even know she had a record player in her room.

You are aware she has record players, as you've heard many songs playing throughout the castle.

But you had never heard a peep in her room. You had never heard this song as well.

'It's all gone now'

The woman singing sung in an alto voice, very heartfelt notes-

"I should not had yelled at you, my Dragă"

You heard the singing woman's voice spoke.

Turning to see Alcina, she stood, messing with drawers as she seemed calm enough.

"This is a very beautiful song, Alcina." You smile softly. "I thought you sung Jazz"

You could hear an amuse touch to her voice, a smile on her lips.

"Well, I did. Jazz? It was my life." She said softly but you could hear the smile falter and suddenly, the air grew cold.

"When I had left and returned to this castle? I recorded one more song in my theater room. One more song, one take, one that nobody has heard of before...but you." She clarified.

'Do I have to wait longer? When will my time come? If it's even out there at all'

"I had never listened to the recording myself." She turned to you, a look of seriousness on her face.