Chapter 15 - Care

!!!!!!!TW: BLOOD & VIOLENCE.!!!!!!!

Dark.

So dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of you, even if you rest it upon your face.

You felt hot.

Your body felt as if it was a living inferno, and all your limbs were beginning to go numb.

You don't know where you are. Or where you were.

It's....calming. Enlightening.

Suddenly, your head has a thrashing pain as your eyes adjust to the scene before you.

It's as if a bolt had scattered the darkness, rewarding you with a visual of what was happening around you.

Mother Miranda, pinning you, covered in blood as she slammed an object against your head.

You can't tell what. It was something hard and cold. Your vision was obstructed.

Then it was a peaceful black again. You felt your heart pumping wildly, an urge of fight or flight taking over.

Where were you!? And where is Alcina!?

You shield your eyes as the crashing of light fills the room once more.

This time, you were charging at Mother Miranda and right before she could move, you saw yourself bite down on her throat with a horrible crunch.

Then black.

You stared at where the scene was.

Had you died? Surely not. Were you reliving your last moments?

You cough as, suddenly, you felt and tasted blood fill your mouth. It was non-stop.

This was death.

Alcina's P.O.V

I came to from screaming and yelling. My vision blurred as I've surely lost more than enough blood.

Dammit.

She was lucky.

If only I hadn't stopped to worry about my daughters...and...my Maid.

Her words were useless. What made me believe that she had already gotten to them to kill them?

A mother's worse fear, I suppose.

...and a lover.

I notice Mother Miranda on the ground, her body...twitching as something is on top of her, feasting upon her neck.

...

Wait!

Is she dead!?

I try to quickly sit up but immediately regret it as I nearly faint again, holding my head.

What possibly could've gotten her...?

I stare and try to correct my line of sight, just trying to make out anything that is happening.

... Is that my maid?

I notice her bright red eyes, claws digging into Mother Miranda's flesh and fangs that...well, fangs that do their job.

She is drenched in blood...was it her own or her victims? I couldn't tell.

"Maid...?" I ask softly, staring at her, hoping she isn't too far gone in...her state.

She pulled away and looked at me, Mother Miranda's body going limp.

"Are you okay...?" I asked before she stood quickly and went...after me!?