IV.

Beatrice

Beatrice was stunned. She just sat there for a moment, thinking that she just overheard it. But she could tell that she didn't by Ava's look. She took a deep breath and finally answered „Of course. I'll just go change."

Ava smiled at her, with her eyes still wet from crying.

They blew out the candles and then lay under Avas' blanket. Beatrice tried to be as far away from Ava as possible. Not because she didn't want to touch her. She wanted that, and that was the problem. She wanted to have Ava in her arms so badly, but she knew that it was not a good idea. She was told many times that it's not normal to do that with a girl.

She stared at the ceiling for about 30 minutes, thinking about what she and Ava are. Friends? No, friends don't kiss each other in the way they did. Maybe it was just a goodbye kiss, she thought, but she knew that was absurd. After all, even Camila noticed that something is happening between the two of them.

She lay there when she suddenly felt Ava's arms slowly wrap around her waist. She got nervous, and her heart started beating faster with each second. „Ava?" She whispered into the dark, hoping the other girl will answer. But she didn't. She must have fallen asleep and just landed her hands there by accident.

Beatrice still didn't know what to do. She told herself that it feels weird, but somewhere deep down in her heart she knew that she likes it.
She never noticed how warm Avas' skin was. Maybe it's the Halo that makes her so warm, she thought.

After a few minutes, she fell asleep.