XVI.

Beatrice was still holding Ava in her arms when she finally heard her whisper „We thought that the war is over, but that's not true. It was just the beginning of something bigger. The holy war." Ava said, waiting for Bea to respond.

Beatrice remembered what Lilith once said to her at the Ark.

„There's a holy war coming. I hope we end up on the same side."

She didn't pay much attention to it back then, because she was grieving over Ava. Now it all makes sense.

„What do you mean by that? Who are we even fighting against?" Beatrice asked confused because although she knew that the holy war is coming, she still didn't know who the opponent is gonna be.

„I don't know Bea. I know nothing, and it scares me so much." Ava said and her jaw clenched. „The only thing I know for sure is that we have to train a lot because I assume the opponent will be much worse than Adriel. If our theory of Reya being the bitch is correct, we are fucked because who else would want to start the war more than her?"

Beatrice didn't even bother to scold her for swearing, because she knew Ava has a point. If Reya actually is a bad guy and Adriel was just her puppet who she ordered to kill us, It's pretty clear that she'll be the one to start the war. But why would she ever want to do that? It made no sense to Bea.

„You're right, we have to prepare, but don't worry. I won't let anyone hurt you. I don't care how powerful will the opponent be. No one except me is allowed to touch you."