XXXVI.

Beatrice's heart skipped a beat after hearing what Ava said. „My hero"  Was running in her head rent-free and it was all she could think about. She repeated those two words in her head again and again, but a slight touch on her cheek stopped her from daydreaming.

Ava cupped her face with one of her hands and gently rubbed it with her thumb. „But are you okay? I'm pretty heavy so I wanna be sure that I didn't break one of your bones or something." She said and laughed a bit. Bea smiled and her cheeks went light pink. Even tho Ava fell 10 feet right into Beatrice's arms, which was just a bit safer than hitting the ground, she still cared only about Beatrice's health. It warmed Bea's heart.

„Yes, I'm fine." Bea said, assuring Ava that she was completely okay, and then kissed her on the forehead. It was kind of Beatrice's special way to show her how much she loved her, something like a love language.

Ava smiled from an ear to ear, and since they still sat there in each other's arms on the ground, she stood up.

„Well, I think we'll have to practice this more, but the halo just switches off whenever it wants, I don't know why." Ava said with her arms crossed.

„We will figure that out, but since it's lunchtime right now, we should eat something first. It's not healthy to train with an empty stomach all day. " Beatrice answered, and she nodded her head toward the dining room.