XVIII.

Ava

Ava didn't know how to react. She was just laying there, smiling. She knew Bea was unpredictable but she didn't expect her to do that at all. Then, she kissed Beatrice's lips with the words „You know you don't have to mark me. I am and I will always be only yours."

Bea smiled at her and kissed her one last time before she laid her head on Ava's chest. She sighed as if something was wrong. Ava raised her eyebrows and asked „Is everything okay?" confused by how Bea stopped so suddenly.

„This all is new to me, I don't know if I'm ready to go any further. I don't wanna ruin things." Beatrice said with her voice trembling as if she thought that it could make Ava mad.

„Bea it's okay, we don't have to rush things. I'm also not experienced in any of this .... in love." Ava answered while playing with Beatrice's hair, and then she continued „But it seemed that you're pretty skilled at making hickeys and stuff." She laughed, trying to cheer Beatrice up. She succeeded.

Bea chuckled and tried to explain that Camila once mentioned something like that and that she didn't even know that it's called a „Hickey"

They were laying there, enjoying each other's presence.

No words could explain how much Bea means to Ava. She meant everything to her, and she enjoyed every little conversation or kiss they shared. She wanted to get the best out of their relationship before the holy war starts because she knew that not everyone will survive.

They almost fell asleep, when someone knocked on the door. Beatrice was ready to get up, but Ava told her to stay in bed and she went to open it herself.

The one knocking was Camila, as she was expecting. She wasn't close to anyone else.

Camila opened her mouth to speak up, but as soon as she looked at Ava, her eyes widened.

Ava didn't know what made her do that, but then she realized. The hickeys.

Camila stared at her naked neck for a few seconds, but then she burst out with laughter. „There is no way this is Beatrice's work. It looks like from a freaking vampire." She said still wheezing, and she continued speaking „Well, at least I know she listens to me when I talk about these things."

Ava couldn't help it and laughed a bit too, but she wanted to know why Camila knocked, so she waited for her to calm down a bit and then asked.