XXIII.

Ava

After a long day full of training they finally had the chance to lay in bed and just rest.  It was now their habit to sleep together and share Ava's room.

They just lay there in each other's arms, when Ava decided to ask the question she wanted to ask since Beatrice came out to her.

„Bea, can I ask you something?" After she nodded and gave her permission she took a deep breath and asked. „What exactly happened when you came out to your parents?"

She spotted that Bea's smile dropped as soon as she asked, but after a while of silence, she got the answer.

„Well, as I said, they didn't accept me. They didn't talk to me for about a week, and then they came up with an idea on how to make me normal...." Bea said with her eyes filled with tears, and then she continued „My father thought that beating me up could change what I am, so he did it every night. I remember how scared I was when I heard his heavy footsteps through my door because I knew what was coming. He was letting all his anger on me like I was just a piece of trash that he completely despised. He locked me up in my room for months, with bruises and scars all over my body and with a small amount of food but no one cared. No one helped me, but everyone knew about all of it." She said and tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Ava didn't know what to say. She expected something bad, but not this bad. It tore her heart into pieces knowing how much Beatrice suffered for just being herself.

She pulled Beatrice into a tight hug, hoping that it could help her a little.

Bea snuggled up to her and cried, and at that moment all Ava wanted to do was to take Bea's pain away.

„I'm so sorry, Bea, but you don't have to be ashamed of what you are. As I said, what you are is beautiful. No one had the right to tell you otherwise. I love you for who you are, and everyone here does too." Ava said, with her voice trembling, still holding Bea in her arms, patting her back gently.

Between Beatrice's sobs, she could hear her say „I love you."

Ava kissed her head and lifted her chin up so she can look directly into her eyes, and said „I love you too, my darling."